Thread: 8" crank for new novi 1000 fitting issue

Senior SCH Member

8" crank for new novi 1000 fitting issue

Hey guys, I looked at my current setup closely today and noticed that my current crank pulley almost touches the end of the water pump pulley and fan spindle, there is no way that I can see the 8" pulley sitting without touching, what did you guys that did it do, 90gt.

do you have at least 1/2" of clearance between the fan spndle & crank now. if so your fine there cause the 8" pulley is only 1" bigger wich is 1/2" all the way around from the current pulley......if you have clearnace between the crank & WP pulley now(front to back) then again, you will clear.....things are going to be close. i should be getting my ASP pulleyhere shortly as well, just ordered it this week......
    -justin

The crank is very close but it wont (or atleast) it shouldn't touch, I did grind down the edge of the water pump cause a bigger belt I origanly bought for the new 8" was touching but I bought an even bigger blower belt after that and it solved that prob.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

ive had my damn electric fan sitting in my shed for about a month now, lol. i need to get that sucker on so i can ditch the crappy factory fan. then i wont have to deal with the fan spindle(possible)issues.......sinner, you have an electric fan?
    -justin

oh yeah, sinner, did you end up using the lower bolt hole on the blower tensioner or did you stay with the upper one with 59" belt?
    -justin

I still have the stock fan.
    I didn't have a choice on the bolt hole, it only fit one way and I don't know which way that would be.
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

when ya get a chance could you take a peek. theres 2 holes for the tensioner bolt to go through. theyre only about an inch or so apart, one on top of the other. could you see if its the upper or lower hole you have the tensioner in? id appreciate it greatly!

-justin

Alright I just took a look and there a hole above it so I'm gonna say it's on the bottom one.
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

ok thanx! thats what we needed to know in order to run the 59" belt with the same amount of slack & have no water pump rub issues!
    thanx........
    -justin