Thread: Novi 2000 newbie, have a few questions

Novi 2000 newbie, have a few questions

Hi there, I'd just like to introduce myself first. I'm new to the forums (been here before just never really posted) and I'm going to be shopping for a blower in September/October. I'm shooting to run around 12 psi into my 331, so it's down to a YS-Trim or the Novi 2000. Few questions: How much boost does the bypass/discharge handle in the stock Novi 2000 kit? Anyone running one without a smog pump? I don't want to put that heavy POS back into the car. Thanks!

Jonathan
    Mods Pics
    13.18 @ 106.09 mph pre-blower
    Novi 2000 whistling under the hood

Jonathan,

Welcom to the board. I'll tell ya the stock valve and discharge will work with about 15#'s or so. Even then the discharge will be fine, but the bov will have trouble flowing enough cfm. The easiest thing to do would be just get a somg pump delet pulley for the thing. 50 bucks new.

Get in touch with me. I have a novi2000 with very low miles (around 50) with a larger discharge, racebypass, power pipe, smog delet pulley and the whole bit. If you are interested that is.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

If it can handle 15 psi that's perfect anyways, I SHOULD make enough power to split the stock block on 12 pounds (although it will be major league detuned on the dyno, shooting for 450 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno). Hopefully I will see close to this much boost with the stock pulleys and a power pipe.
    Mods Pics
    13.18 @ 106.09 mph pre-blower
    Novi 2000 whistling under the hood