Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Blower shopping, should I go YS?

Thread: Blower shopping, should I go YS?

Blower shopping, should I go YS?

Hi there. I'm in a self-debate over the supercharger I will be purchasing, it's down to a YS-trim or a Novi 2000. I am wondering what the difference in the YS Renegade and regular kits are, if I can retain my A/C and P/S, and how much boost the included bypass/discharge configuration can handle? Fuel and timing I will look after independently of the blower kits themselves. I will be shooting for around 12 psi for a starting point. Thanks!
    Mods Pics
    13.18 @ 106.09 mph pre-blower
    Novi 2000 whistling under the hood

Senior SCH Member
    YS renegade kit comes with no fuel or ignition, other than that its a bolt on deal. the pulleys will net you in the 19-21psi range, the mondo bypass and discharge are good into the 20psi range. I ran a passenger side YS to 25psi 90% of the time, on occasion if I took it up a few more RPMs it would hit 27psi with cogs. The Novi2000 and the YS are pretty comparable in power output, it just all depends on where you pulley them. Both are good choices.
    Spence

8.96/160

Can I retain the P/S and A/C with the pass. side YS? I also lack a smog pump, will I need an eliminator kit?
    Mods Pics

Senior SCH Member
    you can retain your PS and AC, you will need a cobra WP pulley, and you will need some sort of piece bolted where the smog pump went as the bracket needs that piece sandwiched between the brackets for support, without it you will have bracket flex.
    Spence

8.96/160

Senior SCH Member
    I love my YS-Trim. I am making 723 rwhp/719 rwtq at 18 lb boost. I still have my air/ps/all power options. I do run a cog pulley.

I do have the smog pump eliminator bracket and it works well. You do need to clearance it to clear the supercharger.

I did not have to change the water pump pulley. I have read that some people have had to but mine works just fine with the stock water pump pulley.

Thanks for the replies guys. If I wind up buying a new blower this might still be the way to go with the flexibility of the other items in the kit (not just the head unit). I am using underdrive pulleys, not sure how that would play into the equation. The smog pump piece I can use the old bracket for I guess, it's just a tiny metal piece...grind it down or something.
    Mods Pics