Thread: just got my novi, have a ?

Senior SCH Member

just got my novi, have a ?

I just received my blower today, and I was reading through the instructions, and it says I need a air hammer? What do I need the air hammer for? Also, I dont have a smog pump, have a delete kit coming, is there anything different I need to do when it comes to the part of hooking up the smog pump in the directions?
    Thanks guys

The Air hammer is to drive the punch through the oil pan, you can just drive it throught with a regular hammer. The smog pump delete kit will be fine it'll actually install slightley eaiser, I had fitiment issues with the smog pump and the SC return oil line fitting.
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Yup I'll second that a regular hammer will work, If I recall I slipped a socket extension into the end of the supplied punch and whacked away with a 2-3# sledge, took a little bit but it worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks guys, you needed to hit that hard even after drilling a pilot hole? Cant wait to get started tomorrow

Senior SCH Member
    Depends on the pan used too. My pan is aluminum so it's easy to punch.

Be very careful if you are going to use a drill. Be VERY sure to load the tap with grease.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    the reason I said use a drill, is the instructions say to drill a small pilot hole first. Also, did you guys use loctite on all the bolts?
    Thanks again guys, I appreciate all the help
    Greg

Cobra, you are correct. When you drill the small pilot hole, pack the bit with heavy grease. Be sure to insert something into the hole to endure that you don't have anything obstructing the path that of the punch.

Also pack the tap with heavy grease as Ian recommended. Tap a few turns, pull it out, clean off the tap, repack tap with grease and repeat several times until you have the hole completely tapped.

You can also flush a couple quarts of cheap motor oil through the motor before you replace the drain plug for extra insurance.

I personally did not use locktite on any bolts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th