Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First tuning attempt with 2k....

Senior SCH Member
    I would lean toward head gaskets. My car did the same thing. Although, last year at the tracck it pushed coolant out once when the alky injection pump burnned out. It has never done it since.
    Didnt you just do head gaskets? What type of headsand gaskets do you have? Did you have the heads check for warpage?

Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113

Junior SCH Member
    Yes, I did just replace the head gaskets, which is why I am a little hesitant to believe it could be blown already. I used FelPro gaskets this last time. There is no sign of coolant getting into the engine (ie white smoke). But, if you drive it, a large portion of the coolant will be gone within a few miles, and it will start to over heat. I did not have the heads checked when I had them off, but I will do it this time if I take them off.

There has got to be another way to pressurize the coolant system. Before I changed head gaskets last time, I had a very similar problem, though there was coolant in the engine last time. When I got the head gaskets off, there was no sign at all of a failure. I am very meticulous when putting gaskets on, so I am hesitant to believe I screwed it up. I am thinking I might have a cracked/warped head....or even a cracked block. I think the only way to know for sure if the heads are a problem is to do a leakdown test. I don't look forward to it, but I really don't see another option.
    1993 GT Convertible
    Novi 2000, TFS Track Heat Intake, MSD 6BTM, MSD Pro Billet Distributor, Walbro 255lph HP, T-Rex inline, 42lb FMS injectors, 80mm Pro-M, Morpheus Power Pipe, Custom Chip

381 rwhp/391 rwtq

SCH Member
    I had a 255lph(not high pressure ) intank and a t-rex and was having fuel problems. I ditched the t-rex got a 255lph(high pressure)in tank and now I have plenty of fuel. If I remember correctly 195liters is 50.7 gallons the t-rex is 50 gallons per hour-195lph. wouldn't that t-rex restrict flow since you have a 255lph in tank pump? Also make sure your fuel filter isn't clogged up.
    306 dss pro bullet,gt40x aluminum heads,Crane roller rockers,AFM b41 cam, cobra intake upper and lower match ported, 42lb injectors, FMU, pro-m 80 mass air, Morpheus power pipe, 255lph high pressure intank pump, trex inline pump, novi-2000 stock pullies 8-10psi, strange axles, 3:73 gears, full guages, tremec tranny, aluminum driveshaft, msd, msd boost retard, bbk headers, Mac h-pipe w/cats, 2 chamber flowmasters, eibach springs
    HP:446
    TQ:430