Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
bad luck again.....low oil pressure while idle

Thread: bad luck again.....low oil pressure while idle

bad luck again.....low oil pressure while idle

Hey guys

Got some bad luck again.....ran my car at the track...first run 11.8@122...second run 12.3@119 hit the rev limiter....this is where it gets weird

comming down the return road i usuall coast...looking at the oil pressure gage i noticed NO i mean less than ZERO oil pressure....so i pulled over and started to investigate.....started it up and the oil pressure came back....so i drove it into the staging lanes.....then i ran a 11.5 @123.....looking down on the return road it happened again ZERO oil pressure....but i now noticed that if i reved it i got the pressure back mid scale...as soon as it idled back to zero....so i pulled the supercharger oiling line and made shure i had oil to the supercharger and drove it home......on the way home i stopped and got a new sending unit and a mechanical oil prerssure gage....put the sending unit in when i got home NADA same thing.....put the mechanical one in same deal but pressure while idleing was 15#...... so checking the oil (wich was just changed 3 days b4) i noticed the oil WAY above 5 quarts more like 6-7 quarts??...so i drained the oil put 5 quarts back in and a new FL1A...same deal low pressure @idle and stick reading above 5 quarts...ANY IDEAS?

thanks

mike
    http://mysite.verizon.net/mikeymustang/index.htm

new quoat
    "If it where raining Pus---- i would get hit with a DI--!!" LOL !
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

Sounds real strange, no loud clicking noises eh? Maybe something is blocking the screen on the pickup and under heavy suction it blocks the screen? Just read a post on corral about a guy talking about oil pressure problems, saying it was related to a cracked crank. I'm not sure what to think though so take it for what its worth.

Senior SCH Member
    sounds like you blew a head gasket when you hit the rev limiter. if all of a sudden you have about 2 extra quarts of something i bet it is coolant. let it set overnight then drain the oil. the cooalnt will settle to the bottom of the oil, that should be the first thing out. thats what happened to me when i blew mine. both #2 and #3 cylinders blew when i was on the factory rev limiter. next thing i know my oil level is about 3 quarts high, it was coolant.

I agree with slider_buck, sounds like a head gasket went south.

Let that bad boy sit overnight then drain it in the morning.

:) Congrats on your times! Sorry about your misfortune.:(
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

nope not coolant!........i changed the oil ...and replaced the filter....put in 5 quarts of oil and i am way up on the stick and the pressure problem is still there?.......probally pulling the pan today or tomarrow

Mike
    AEM tuned by ME!

Well i pulled the engine today ad found 2 spun cam bearings...the 2 inner ones are almost out of the seats.......: (

Mike
    AEM tuned by ME!

:( ouch
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Senior SCH Member
    Is the block cracked? It does so usually in the lifter valley and this would allow your cam bearings to spin.

Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113