Thread: What do you guys think?

Banned by Admin

What do you guys think?

First off, it is a stock 95 cobra longblock with an E-cam. 70k miles well maintained. Did headgaskets, valve seals, and valve springs before tune day abouyt 6 months ago. Puts down 389rwhp, 403 rwtq, at 5k rpm, blew out the spark. So since then I put on the 6AL, and called it good (MSD blaster, FMS wires NGK cold plugs). Its been running good, took it to the track a few times etc. So the other nite I was cruising, and I hammered it pretty good (first time with the DRs), and bounced it off the 6k pill in the MSD, and as soon as I let off it was missing BAD, so I went home, and its been sitting for a week. Today I pulled the plugs (figured I fouled one), they looked good except #7 was black as hell. I changed the cap, rotor and plugs, it still misses like a *****. Tomarrow I will get some new wires and maybe do a comp. test. What else could it be? I hope I didn't wipe out rings, or put a hole in the piston, my tune was safe, with 11.7-1 A/F, and 17* total timing @ 10 psi, and it has the GT-40 irons on it still, 42s no FMU, 255 in tank, T-rex in line, adj.FRP@ 40psi, etc. Please help, what else should I check, before tearing it down? Thanks, -Rob

Senior SCH Member
    valve spring ? do a comp test on that cyl.

Banned by Admin
    Doing a comp. test today, I'll let you guys know what I find.

Banned by Admin
    Compression in #7 is 0 psi. I'll be tearing it down to inspect the carnage, but it can't be good. I'll keep you posted, looks like 331 time.

Senior SCH Member
    just take the valve cover off. if its just the spring, and you can find all the pieces, it should just be broke in half = no little pieces. just replace that spring. don't even need to remove the head.
    been there done that.