Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: discharge tube?

Senior SCH Member

discharge tube?

i bought the discharge tube from steve. when i got it, i thought it looked a little long. trying to put it on this week finally.

problems:

1. the tube was not bent enough and actually fits inside of the throttle body. it is awfully close to the butterfly. seems to need more bend.

2. being the tube is longer it would not fit on the supercharger very well. it just to long, i have tried to grind some off but it is not fitting correctly.

has anyone else had any problems with installation. i want this to work.

help is appreciated.

thanks

nstycpe93

Hey nstycpe93:

That sounds a little weird! I bought mine from Steve and had no problems with it.

I hope he will see the post for a nice reply ;)

Ian

SCH Member
    Hey nstycpe93,

I agree with Ian that seems a little weird. I purchased a custom discharge tube from Steve and my tube fit like a charm the first time I put it on the stang. Checkout dawgsgt photo gallary. I hope everything works out for you.

Later,

Dawg

Ken I am at work now so I cant say much.

We should be able to get something worked out.

Please tell me you have a digicam:)

I'll get back to ya this evening.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

ken check your e mail and get back to me.

Senior SCH Member

discharge tube.

ok talked to steve and he gave me some tips on reinstalling it.

will do that tomorrow and try to take some pics and see what happens..

i got it on tonite but the thing is still sitting inside of the throttle body. so i will have to grind down some of the front tube. that should pull it out of the throttle body some. just kind of scary with it sitting near the butterfly...gosh could make for a scary ride if the thing stuck the butterfly open..hehehehe

thanks again for everyone's input. this the best site for info i have ever had and that includes when i was running a vortech.

go novi.

ken:)

Ok I talked to ken on the phone this evening and it sounds like he has more than enough material to make it work without trouble.

I believe he is the first person that I have made a tube for with a T/B larger than 65MM.

So I think he can get it set up so it can't get into the T/B. I also think his intake may be just a smidge different in T/B location vs. stock.

I hope to get some pics from ken soon so I can compare angles with what I have.:)

Ken I forgot to ask you if the stock plastic POS would fit inside of your T/B? I assume it would have to.

None the less I am confident it will work out.:santa:

Ken get us some more pics of your car.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

Senior SCH Member

pics of discharge tube

ok i took the tube off this morning and took some pics of the problems.
    1) the first pic the tube is against the blower and it is to long u can see it is now on the back of the throttle body.

2) this pic shows if i put the tube in the tb and then it will butt up against the blower. but i dont really think this was a good idea since it was real close to the butterfly.

3) i can see where making the tube shorter by cutting off some of the blower side will make the tb side come out.

i am just wondering if cutting it shorter would it make the couplers be in a bind to bend towards the blower. it probably would be a good idea to get a coupler that is has a slight bend to it. like 15 or 30 degrees.

just a thought steve, for the bigger tb, you could make the tube have a little more bend and be longer on the tb side. something to think about for us bigger tb guys. lol

well look at the shots, i will be cutting it this afternoon and post again how it came out.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior SCH Member
    gosh i need to learn how to make them smaller.
    here is the second pic.

Senior SCH Member

tube in tb

ok i am going to try to post this again..think i messed up last time.
    this is tube in tb

It appears that it is just a little long. I have a 70mm and I dont have probs with it going inside the TB.

I would carefully mark it to the length you need and cut it. Measure twice cut once.

Then put the rubber coupling on the TB end and clamp it where you want it so there is enough rubber to go over the TB .

Then put the rubbur coupling on the SC end and push it all the way on.

Put the pipe onto the TB with the clamp on it dont tighten, line it up good at the SC and slide the coupling over the outlet of the blower and hopefully it will go on easy but i had to use a lube so it would slide nice.

Hope this helps.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Ok ken that pic helps out a lot. Even thought it's super jumbo. :D

I made a few scribbles on it to give you some direction even though you have probably already got her fugured out by now.

As chuck has said measure twice cut once. I want you to try and get that tube as far away as possible from that throttle body. It looks like the BBK coupler that you are using is pretty long so I would shoot for a 1/4" gap between tube and throttle body as parallel as possible. set up your angle accordingly at the supercharger end. Looks like there is plenty of material for sure.

I really can't explain how that thing is that far off. I cut that tube from another that I just sent to someone else. Like I said before though, there is some variables between intakes and throttle bodies.

Let us now how it goes and take another pic when you get it to where your happy with it installed.

As I said before I am in the process of making a master dischrage tube that will assure accuracy. It will be set up on my car with stock heads, intake, and ford throttle body. then I will make a nice fixture to keep them all the same from here on out.

Good luck ken and I'm sorry for the headaches.

Steve
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

Senior SCH Member
    steve, i cut before i got your measurements and believe it or not i cut 3/8 out of the front and it works now but i will have to clean it up some on the blower side, the grinding took was not the best i had and i was a little impatient of course like all men.

but it is on and working fine. i just need to actually grind off a little angle more on the front and it should work great. again thanks for the help. i will post another pic when i am really happy and have the bypass up on it.

Wow Ken,
    The pictures on my living room wall aren't that BIG:D .

Just a side note. I noticed on your pic, of the throttle body, that the water lines to your EGR spacer has some really long hoses and bolts with hose clamps attaching it all together. The spacer doesn't have water going through it anymore so just go to your local auto parts store and get some vacuum caps and stick them on there. You can actually just leave them open if you want to. Not baggin on you car, just a helpful hint.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Senior SCH Member
    thanks i thought of that, just got to lazy to go to parts store,
    but i will do that because it will clean up the car some.
    thanks