Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Pics of installed intercooler

Thread: Pics of installed intercooler

Junior SCH Member

Pics of installed intercooler

Installed the cooler this weekend at the shop. The install went great, no problems at all. Mind you I haven't put the front bumper cover back on yet, so there may be some cutting needed....

Had to take out the horn on my 91 GT to get the air filter to fit the way I wanted it to...

Blowoff valve installed - it was necessary to cut the tubing in half, as sent it was much too long:

Junior SCH Member
    Pics of the tubing going to the cooler from the drivers side:

Mounting location for the cooler tab:

Junior SCH Member
    This is where things got a little tricky... on the passanger side, the rubber tubing goes over the bumper mount. What you need to do is bend back the brackets so that there are no sharp edges hitting the tubing. We just used a crescent wrench and bent everything back. Also note the aluminum bracket that attaches to the bumper mount and then to the cooler tab:

Passanger side pic:

Pic of the tubing going into the engine bay from the passanger side:

SCH Moderator
    Nice, glad to hear it went well. It looks like you will be running a blow through mass air setup so I was wondering why you are recirculating the bypass air? You could just plug the bung in the rubber elbow and point the bypass hose in some convenient direction and blow the heated bypass air to atmosphere.
    D-2R ProCharged R302 331
    1.393 60 ft.
    5.868 @ 123.119 (1/8)
    9.072 @ 156.953 (1/4)
    3400 lbs (with me)

"ProCharger...not just blowing hot air"

Photos: http://www.cafords.com/images/john91coupe/hi-res/
    Videos: http://www.cafords.com/mpg/john91coupe/

Junior SCH Member
    I honestly didn't know that I could do that John, I was just following ATI's directions :) But I guess it won't make much of a difference either way.

SCH Moderator
    Actually, venting to atmosphere is supposed to make the intake charge temperature lower because your not introducing the already heated air back into the inlet pipe. Never measured the difference so I don't know how much it reduces the temps but it does make sense.
    D-2R ProCharged R302 331
    1.393 60 ft.
    5.868 @ 123.119 (1/8)
    9.072 @ 156.953 (1/4)
    3400 lbs (with me)

Junior SCH Member
    That makes alot of sense.

So technically I can just take the hose going to the rubber inlet from the bypass right off?

And just let the bypass vent the air straight up into the fender? If so thats good news, I can fit my horn back in there :)

SCH Moderator
    Yes, just unhook the hose end you show in your second photo and point it somewhere convenient. Make sure you plug the plastic bung in the rubber elbow so your not sucking in unfiltered air. Also, I would make sure you point the bypass tube away from the intake filter and not toward the ground either. You will be amazed at how much air flows out of the bypass, even at idle so you don't want to kick up debree and dust from the ground.
    D-2R ProCharged R302 331
    1.393 60 ft.
    5.868 @ 123.119 (1/8)
    9.072 @ 156.953 (1/4)
    3400 lbs (with me)

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by John91coupe
    Nice, glad to hear it went well. It looks like you will be running a blow through mass air setup so I was wondering why you are recirculating the bypass air? You could just plug the bung in the rubber elbow and point the bypass hose in some convenient direction and blow the heated bypass air to atmosphere.
    Good suggestion John. I'm going to try this also. Thank for the tip.
    93 vibrant GT, 306, iron gt40 heads, edelbrock intake, E303, c&l maf, 36# injectors, D-1B procharger, tremec 3550, spec stage 3. 445rwhp 450tq. SOLD

03 cobra, 2.8 pulley, magnaflow x-pipe and exhaust, RWTD predator tune, 463 RWHP,479 tq.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybersport
    Installed the cooler this weekend at the shop. The install went great, no problems at all. Mind you I haven't put the front bumper cover back on yet, so there may be some cutting needed....

Had to take out the horn on my 91 GT to get the air filter to fit the way I wanted it to...

Blowoff valve installed - it was necessary to cut the tubing in half, as sent it was much too long:

I have the same bypass valve on my car. Are these good bypass valves?
    Do they sell an aftermarket one that will fit in the same location?
    306 dss pro bullet,gt40x aluminum heads,Crane roller rockers,AFM b41 cam, cobra intake upper and lower match ported, 42lb injectors, FMU, pro-m 80 mass air, Morpheus power pipe, 255lph high pressure intank pump, trex inline pump, novi-2000 stock pullies 8-10psi, strange axles, 3:73 gears, full guages, tremec tranny, aluminum driveshaft, msd, msd boost retard, bbk headers, Mac h-pipe w/cats, 2 chamber flowmasters, eibach springs
    HP:446
    TQ:430

How much louder is it with the bypass valve venting rather than recircing? I was going to try this but never got around to it.
    Scott Warwick
    -------------------------------------------
    88 lx
    stock block 302, vic 5.0,vic jr's, d1-sc
    11.0 @ 131 mph on et streets
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer