Thread: mass air type for prochargers?

Junior SCH Member

mass air type for prochargers?

I just want to clarify, i have heard several times that procharged cars need a blowthrough mass air instead of a draw through? is this correct?

what type of mass air works best? what mass air are you using on your setup??
    91 el-ex

Senior SCH Member
    You are absolutely correct. You will want a Pro M calibrated for Blow-thru or if you can swing it, go for the Univer from Pro M. it is the best meter out there, buts its pricey! It totally changed how my car drives/runs.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

SCH Member
    I agree, but not completly.
    You can run a draw through meter, but you would need to reprogram a lot the fuel curve inside the PCM, since the A/F would be too rich or lean because the force induction, it all depends on how much engine configuration you are running.
    But averall for simple "add on" you shoud go with the blowthrough type, but you will still need to reprogram your PCM for optimun perfromance.
    take care you guys.
    pablo

Intercooled setups almost require a blow through setup where as a non-intercooled setup can go either way. There are many options out there, but you are definitely going to need a good solid dyno tune if you get the Univer... it samples the air in a totaly different way that is far superior to normal sampling, but it requires the car to be tuned.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

SCH Member
    WA2FAST
    100% right....can not say any better!!!
    pablo