Thread: Anyone using the Probe Spyder EFI intake?

Junior SCH Member

Anyone using the Probe Spyder EFI intake?

I know Probe makes a 351, and 302 based package for the Spyder intakes. I am looking into this and wonderign if anyone see's any pro's/con's right off the bat.

I am also going to order AFR's next week, so keep that in mind, ro did anyone else have any other suggestions?

Scott
    1993 LX Hatch
    Stock Block
    Novi 2000

Scott,
    If you are going for the "that's a really cool intake" reaction, then I say go for it. The spyder intake is way beyond what you need. If you call CHP and ask them, then of course they will tell you that it will give you blah blah blah amount of horsepower. The problem is that they won't tell you that you are going to loose a bunch of torque. You aren't going to shift your motor at 7000 rpm are you? The Victor Jr intake is a great intake, but it's designed to give you a very narrow powerband, not something you want for a street car. I would tell you to buy a TFS track heat or Holley intake. Either one will give you great torque and horsepower. Here's a link to my dyno graph. Notice how flat the torque curve is. That is what you feel. Your combo will be very close to mine once you install the 165's.
    Doug
    http://www.novipower.com/photopost/s...o.php?photo=60
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous