Thread: Tailpipes!

Tailpipes!

Hey guy's here's a question for you. My exhaust is as follows. bbk equal length shorties. Mac offroad prochamber 2 12. and then I use the reducer, and mac ball collecters to bolt my 3 inch borla xr1's on with some turndowns. I am wanting some tailpipes I've decided, because of the noise the dumps make in the car, not to mention smelling like exhaust after a little 10 minute ride. Any body know where I might be able to get a 3 inch setup for my gt? I've been considering a cobra rear valence as well, so either something for that or my gt would be nice. Anyone have any ideas? Is it going to interfear with my tires or anything? Let me know.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Hey Brandon,
    My MAC 3 inch cat back works great. I know alot of people knock the MAC stuff, but on both of my cars I don't have any problems.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

I use a complete MAC exhaust on my car. It fits very well, and sounds great.

My friend also has a complete MAC setup, but with the 3' catback. It fits and sounds great.

Send Jack and e-mail - info@musclemotors.com and see if he can give you a price on the kit.

Ian

I'll shot jack the email ian, but I'm looking for just the tailpipes that I can add to my borla's. Do you think mac would make a special order?

Brandon.

Hey Brandon,

I know I can get replacement tails for my 2 1/2 catback, so I do not see why you could not get them for the 3.

Ian

I would agree with you on that one ian. Do you think they'll clear me 275/60/15 drag radials? Also do you know anyone that sales bumper covers for resonable. I'm looking for a cobra rear. How much would you think it would cost to have someone spray it black?

Brandon

Brandon,

My buddy uses MAC 3' tips on his 92LX. He does have some rubbing on the tails but only because the car leaves VERY hard at the track. He is also using an ET street and not a radial.

The best place to get a Cobra rear is Cervinis. You are going to pay more initial, but it will save you hundreds in prep and paint. I am not sure how much they would charge for a bumper, a shop told me $200 CDN for my hood ($125USD) a bumper should be cheaper, maybe $75-100.

You can also watch EBAY for a bumper as well.

Ian

Cervini's and only cervini's huh? Thats what I was afraid of hearing. I guess that would be an extra 60 bucks well spint. Thanks for the info Ian. I should have some pic's very soon, and then maybe some vids to follow.

Brandon

Originally posted by UNTCHBL
    I would agree with you on that one ian. Do you think they'll clear me 275/60/15 drag radials?
    Brandon
    I know MAC sells just the 3 inch tail pipes. As far as clearing your tires. Mine clear 28x10.50x15 ET drags, 275/50/15 BFG DR, and 26X10.50X15 ET streets(Damn I own too many sets of wheels & tires).
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

LoL, I'll be on the horn with either mac or jack very soon to order some tailpipes. I'm tired of the racket that turndowns mac. Hmmm, leaves me with the question, wonder what my borla's are going to sound like with a tailpipe on them?

Brandon

SCH Member
    i had a mac 3 inch cat back, on my gt covertible with a cobra bumper. after i crash my gt i put the catback on my notch back, with 275/50/15 bfg drag radials and it clears but not by alot i have pictures posted in the menbers pictures...

MAC tailpipe guys I am seriously thinking of trying the mac catback on my 89GT. I live in a rainy state.

How long will the chrome hold up here?

If it starts getting rusty with in a year or two I'm gonna be pissed.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Well when I bought my MAC kit (LX) I painted the inside of the tails with a rust paint. It has been 3 years and no problems. The car is outside for the whole winter.

Ian