Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
4.6 and 8# boost?

Thread: 4.6 and 8# boost?

SCH Member

4.6 and 8# boost?

I have finally set my date for Novi 1K install. Will be early March. I have been talking to someone about tuning and install. He is very knowledgable and some of you may have heard of him, his name is Ed Clark. Anyway he will be helping with install and tuning (works with Steen Racing and JMS) and is going to set me up with 8#, modify MAS, 42# injectors, Kenne Bell Boost A pump, JMS chip. I have heard that both 6# is max and 8# is max for a 2v 4.6. Anyone out there have any input? Would those that are running this blower/4.6 combo give opinions on "safe" (I know it's relative)?

Oh by the way my set up is as follows: 2KGT, Auto, Bassani O/R X, Borla Cat Back, 4.10's, P.I. 2800 stall and Jerry mod to valve body. Running consistant 13.02@102 with 1.81 sixty. Hoping for mid 12.s :yeah:
    Stock; except for my mods

The max boost statements of 6# or 8# is false.

Our supercharger kits are rated @ 5 to 6 psi from paxton.

As you can see from myself and the other members of the board (and soon you too :) ) the Novi-1000 is very capable of doing much more than a mere 5-6 psi or even 8 psi. You can attain more I am sure out of swapping pullies just as it is for the Fox Novi's. Then again, I am not 100% sure as to what pulley upgrades aside from the blower pulley that you can upgrade to add more boost. The fox novi guys change out the crank pulley in exchange for a LARGER one in diameter.

ALL OF THE OTHER MOD Novi-1000 or 2000 users chime in here with your responses. :)

IMO, you will hit mid twelves like it was second nature :D VERY, VERY POSSIBLE!

To me Ed has you pointed in a SAFE direction in regards to injector size, tune, etc... I remember him from corral.net!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

From what I remember seeing on Ed's setup. He has the AFM power pipe and 3" pulley. I believe he is seeing 12 psi. I am seeing 9 psi max on my setup. I am going with the 3" pulley and the power pipe shortly to get the 12or13 psi also.

Whats the Jerry mod to valve body? Is that Jerry Wroblewski?
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

SCH Member
    yeah it him. Resizing the feed holes in v/b to increase flow of fluid. http://www.tccoa.com/ There is a huge write up on it with pics and reference charts. Have been running this mod ever since I put in the Converter and it is great. Shifts do come faster so had to have my chip adjusted by JMS.

Ed is the only guy I know of that has run that much boost for so long without any internal problems. I don't have the guts to do what he is doing. I plan on staying with the stock pully and maybe a powerpipe. I know that I will evetually have to rebuild but, would like it to be sooner than later. After all I have to give the wife time to "cool down" after the $ spent on NOVI before I tell her "honey, I just spent another 4 grand on a bottom end and now I "NEED" to add Nitrous to the blower in order to cool it down and protect the new block" :saywhat:

well i'm adding the water/alky injection also. that could be why ed has had long term success. (i hope) jerry actually tuned my car here in st. louis last year. he's good. i'll have to check out the mod. good luck with your install and keep us posted.
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

Junior SCH Member
    13.02 in a N/A aode! I'm impressed! i took mine to the track and pulled off a slew of 15.3s @ 93, trying every different technique i could think of. all i have so far is the novi 1000 and i dont think it is that fast, but i did order my 3.90's today so maybe theyll help out.
    2002 AODE GT W/ NOVI 1000

Junior SCH Member
    BTW i forgot to mention the 15s were without the blower and i havent taken it back since the install

SCH Member
    Made a typo...it is 13.20 NOT 13.02 Sorry.
    Stock; except for my mods

Junior SCH Member
    still impressed

Junior SCH Member
    Wow, I just kinda wandered into this thread and look what I find. :)

Alan has everthing pretty much everything done to my car correct. There's not much beside the blower, a 3 inch pulley, the power pipe and exhaust system. Throw in a set of gears and some DOT's she runs 11.7-11.8@118-119 mph at 3310 pounds in just about any weather.

I won the 2002 Modular shootout 2v PA class. I got a by run in the finals. A Novi 2000 power couldn't make the light. My best run that weekend was 11.79@118.1 in 100 degree track temps.

Stock I saw almost 9 psi at 6k, 350 rwhp and trapped 110-112. Added headers, .25 inch smaller pulley and the power pipe. I didn't touch the tune. My wideband says the mixture stayed the same but trap speeds went up to 118-119 mph. Those last three mods by far made the most difference.

I really like my Novi1000, it hits quick and fairly hard, but I think it's time to move up a bit more.... :)

Ed

Junior SCH Member
    new track times....13.3 @104 with the novi 1000, that;s with no other mod, no gears, no exhaust, etc....im happy with my 2 sec. reduction in time and an additional 11 mph.