Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
no FMU

Thread: no FMU

Junior SCH Member

no FMU

can i run with no FMU w/ 30lbs injector? or what size injectors do i need to have to run with no FMU?

Can you list all your mods?

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    check out my website :www.StreetFighterRacing.cc]www.StreetFighterRacing.cc[/URL]

76 C+L, 70mm tb, Trick Flow Track Heat extrude honed, Aluminum Canfield CNC Stage II, 30lbs. injector, 1.6 RR, 306 Ci. Steeda 18# cam.

Senior SCH Member
    depends on boost & hp...as long as it does'nt detonate u prob w/b ok...

Junior SCH Member
    8lbs @6100 rpms

30's are way too small to run without an FMU imo. I wouldn't attempt it with anything lower then 42's, maybe 36's with only 8 psi. There is only one way to know for sure...that is the dyno.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

injectors

I fully agree with Rdrunnr. Do not take chances with injectors that you know are too small. Oh yeah, on the dyno tip, you can do just as much damage on a dyno, blown head gaskets and worse happen all too often.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Junior SCH Member
    sweet thanks every1 i wont try it. thanks again

Re: injectors

Originally posted by Brcuda
    Oh yeah, on the dyno tip, you can do just as much damage on a dyno, blown head gaskets and worse happen all too often.
    Agreed, but a competent dyno operator/tuner should be watching the a/f ratio during the pull and would abort the run as the car was moving towards going lean rather then when it actually went lean so stuff like that wouldn't happen. Unfortunatley this is not always the case and bad things happen. It is important to find someone with a good reputation who knows what they are doing.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Re: Re: injectors

Originally posted by RdRunnr
    Agreed, but a competent dyno operator/tuner should be watching the a/f ratio during the pull and would abort the run as the car was moving towards going lean rather then when it actually went lean so stuff like that wouldn't happen. Unfortunatley this is not always the case and bad things happen. It is important to find someone with a good reputation who knows what they are doing.
    DITTO.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)