Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pics of P1SC for GT...

Thread: Pics of P1SC for GT...

Junior SCH Member

Pics of P1SC for GT...

I have a 2002 4.6 Explorer. I was planning to get the mustang kit. The 4.6 Explorer motor setup is very similar to the 4.6 mustangs rather than the 4.6 F150. I was hoping I can find someone pics of their setup to see what fabrications are needed if any. I know I will need to get new E fans to start. (there's less room under my hood vs. a stang)
    any comments and help is REALLY appreciated... thanks.

Check out the photopost on this site, there are plenty of pictures at your disposal of many of the members cars, a lot of which are what you are looking for. Also, have you called up ATI to ask them what they think? Not totaly sure, but maybe they would have some insite as to what would work for you. I have a feeling that you are going to have some work cut out for you. Let us know how your search goes and good luck.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    thanks Wa2fast,
    I did check with ATI and they said that the only difference is the plumbing... I think not. They've never even tested on an Explorer. They're just going with the fact that it's the same 4.6 as the Expedition.
    Thanks again, I just figured out there was an area dedicated to just pics.

What do you guys think, Here's a pic of my engine bay i took couple of months ago:

Man, I don't know, it's really hard to say if it is going to work or not. Either way, you are going to have a lot of fitment and custom work ahead of you, but you should have already planned on that. It may be best to get the kit that is best suited for your car according to them and possibly find somone local that has a 99+ with a P1SC and look at them side by side. That is about the best you can do.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    thanks, i'll try that.

Junior SCH Member
    http://crc32.org/car/DSC00008.JPG

I dunno if that helps, more pics of the completed install to come after it quits raining.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks! that does help plenty! Before I put 3 thousand dollars into a kit, I wanna make sure I can make it fit without too much fab. thanks again for your response!