Thread: Need Info on the ProCharger Setup for Carb

Need Info on the ProCharger Setup for Carb

Hi all. I've browsed quite a few message boards & I have not had much success trying to find out how carburated blow-through designs work for others.

I've actually never heard of anyone using this type of supercharger application. I'd like to possibly add boost to my 81 Z28 this upcoming winter, but i won't do it unless i know there is a good success rate & it's "worth it." I'd like to know what kind of fuel system is required, as well as if a different carb is required, max boost, etc.... Around my area, its Nitrous or EFI with blowers, a carb'd blower would really open some eyes & hopefully silence some EFI guys!

Anyone who has any feedback as far as the installation & power gains would be great. This seems to be a very unique kit, and if it works as well as it looks, then it will most likely be a very serious option.

Thanks in advance,

-Carm
    81 Z-28 400" Dart SBC Twin Turbo Blow-through

9.75 @ 145.0 mph w/ 1.58 60' Pump Gas, 15psi

9.56 @ 153.4 mph w/ 1.64 60' Race Gas, 16psi

FASTER THAN IAN OR CHUCK WILL EVER BE

Check out the photopost... there are a few members on this site that are running carbed/blown setups. I am not sure personally what exactly is needed, but I'm sure that they will pick up on this post and help you out. Good luck with it.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    My olds is carb'd and with a D-2R it goes 9.55's @ 143 all day long, not the fastest car on this forum but at 4,000 lbs its damn impressive! It can be made to work perfectly fine.
    My 4,000 lb streetcar goes 9's.......does yours? LOL

Junior SCH Member

help

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWCUTLASS
    My olds is carb'd and with a D-2R it goes 9.55's @ 143 all day long, not the fastest car on this forum but at 4,000 lbs its damn impressive! It can be made to work perfectly fine.
    can you tell me some carb mods i have an hp 950 also i am using a pro charger f1r

Junior SCH Member
    You might check on http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/index.php?s=
    . they could give you a few ideas. There seems to be a few guys running a carb set-up with turbos over there.

Junior SCH Member
    Carm- I have a 383 with a Procharger P1 kit. My engine dynoed at 425 before and with a 5lb pulley it now have 615. I did have to buy a blower 650DP carb from Procharger ($399) but that was about it. I would recommend an electric fuel pump if you are going to run some boost. The best price was Superchargers4less! Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroked-Z
    Hi all. I've browsed quite a few message boards & I have not had much success trying to find out how carburated blow-through designs work for others.

I've actually never heard of anyone using this type of supercharger application. I'd like to possibly add boost to my 81 Z28 this upcoming winter, but i won't do it unless i know there is a good success rate & it's "worth it." I'd like to know what kind of fuel system is required, as well as if a different carb is required, max boost, etc.... Around my area, its Nitrous or EFI with blowers, a carb'd blower would really open some eyes & hopefully silence some EFI guys!

Anyone who has any feedback as far as the installation & power gains would be great. This seems to be a very unique kit, and if it works as well as it looks, then it will most likely be a very serious option.

Thanks in advance,

-Carm