Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anyone from Southern CA?!

Thread: Anyone from Southern CA?!

Junior SCH Member

Anyone from Southern CA?!

I'm looking for help from a local with a Procharged (P1SC) 99+ GT to compare notes with. Can anyone help me?! I'm out of North Hollywood, CA ... 818 area. I'm willing to drive. I just want to check out a side by side comparison to see if I can fit a Procharger into my 4.6 Explorer!! :D
    Thanks!!!
    Paul

Junior SCH Member
    Check out www.corral.net if you haven't already. I'm sure someone there has one. I've got a 99 cobra if you get desperate.
    99 Cobra vert
    P-1sc @ 8#, Pro-M Univer, WMS velocity tube,42#, MAC H and cat back
    Eibach pros, Bilstein HDs, KB cc plates, strut tower brace, shock tower brace, Steeda subframe conn
    393 rwhp on crappy CA gas

Junior SCH Member
    Where do you live? Is the cobra motor and accessory setup the same as the GT. ( I know that it's 4v vs 2v). I you would be side by side with a GT would it look the same?
    btw, thanks for the link, I'll ask there too.

Junior SCH Member
    I live in Santa Clarita. I'm not sure if the GT and Cobra are the same, but they should be fairly similar (I know that doesn't help!) . Check the corral and if there are no takers, you can check out my install.
    99 Cobra vert
    Eibach pros, Bilstein HDs, KB cc plates, strut tower brace, shock tower brace, Steeda subframe conn

Junior SCH Member
    By the way, I was checking around out of curiosity, and there is a Procharger kit designed for your explorer, here it is:
    http://www.rpmoutlet.com/f150ati.htm
    99 Cobra vert

Junior SCH Member
    Santa Clarita!? That's where my brother lives (off McBean) I will check into it a little more before bothering you. I really do appreciate your help tho!
    Thanks for checking, I actually called ATI. The "SUV" they're referring to in there catalog and websites is the Expediton 4.6 which is exactly the F150 4.6 motor.

My setup is similar to that of a mustang...

Small world, don't find too many people into mustangs online from Santa Clarita! Snake, you ever go to the Auto Spa show?

I was talking to a couple of friends about what you want to do to your Explorer and they brought up an interesting point because they both drive Explorers. Have you thought about weather your drivetrain will be able to hand it or not? Trucks can be locked into 2WD... your Explorer can not, that is a huge problem. I have noticed that when you get on their Explorers, especially from a stop, you can feel a slight "clunk" from under the car, or shift of torque... this is from the transfer case diverting power to the front wheels with that torque load with tire spin or not. There is no way to my knowledge that you could turn that off... it's 4AUTO, 4WD, 4LOW.

Have you spoken to anyone about this? If you look at ATI's kits that are available, they have them for Trucks (F150, Ranger) and both of those vehicles can be set to just 2WD.

I think that is going to be a huge problem for you.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for checking around and bringing that to my attention way2fast! I haven't thought about that.
    Fortunately, I drive the 2WD instead of the AWD which I think you're referring to. But I have spoken to others who have an ATI on their 4WD Expeditions (F-150 setup) without any problems. (not sure if they can be set to 2WD)
    The Dealer I'm working with is going to the Ford dealership today to look for some ideas for my Explorer. He's very familiar with the Prochargers and F150's. Hopefully we can come up with something!

edit:here's some pics of my motor. I know that I'm limited room between the radiator and motor. If anyone has any ideas let me know. and if you see anything different between the stangs and mine please metnion it too. Thanks again!

That's great to hear! Good luck with it and please post back your findings after your meeting today. I hope it works out for you, that would be a very unique vehicle to have!
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net