Thread: Belt Slippage

Belt Slippage

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone else is having belt slippage issues with their YS -Trims. Currently we are running a Reichard Racing Ultra-Grip 3.0" pulley. I have what I feel is a tight belt and still get slippage--so much that I will only see 12 lb or so. It should be up to 20 I have been told be experienced tuners. I have a copy of the Anderson belt tensioner to install and we are going to put a new Dayco belt on along with a Ultra-Grip 2.80" pulley. I have a good Renegade friend and he tells me to make the belt as tight as piano wire--losenning it between rounds to avoid undue stress on the crank and blower. There are not any pulley mis-alignment issues either. Just curious to see if anyone else is having these problems. It's frustrrating since the car is running 10.20's and I know it should be solidly in the 9's.

Thanks!!
    9.42 @ 148.62

REBEL RACING http://www.rebelracing.8k.com

Junior SCH Member
    Are you using the interact to data log ? That should be able to see if the belt is slipping. I am not using the Richart pulley, just the stocker, but with about 150lbs, its ok for me to 7000rpm. I am using Andersons belt adjusted, but I still use a tq wrench so I have some idea of where I am at. 150 , for me, is about all the way down on the adjustment screw, with a used belt.
    10.13 out of a S trim
    680 hp out of a YS trim