Thread: fuel pressure and fmu/ ian read this one please.

Senior SCH Member

fuel pressure and fmu/ ian read this one please.

i recently asked about removal of fmu.

here is what happened since i did it two days ago.

reset fuel pressure to 45 vacuum off. runs at 40 with vacuum line on.

idle is much better but the gas mileage is suffering i went on the road trip today and only got 13 mpg. i was getting like 17 with fmu on the car.

next is the popping sound now in the exhaust. sounds like gas reigniting in the exhaust between shifts.

by the way, on wide open throttle the fuel pressure is 42. i have not heard any pinging yet. of course i have not made a full quarter pass...

also, is there a wrong way to install the bosch bypass. the have one large in and one short side also.. which way is correct.

ian, looks like a nice system you got now.
    but was wondering what did u hear bad about the aeromotive?
    i just bought a complete system but havent installed it yet.
    thanks

nstycpe93: Few questions in there, I will try to get them ;)

OK my question for you, is your fuel pressure rising 1:1? That is 1LB for every 1LB of boost?

Is the popping sound when at WOT or just cruising? It sounds like you may have too much fuel. Did you try to lower your FP?

For the bypass yes you can install it incorrectly. Simply take the bypass off and push on it with your finger to determine which side should be closed until opened by vac.

As for the Aero system, do not get me wrong I love the system, I think it is one of the best around. That being said I have seen a few people burn pumps because they allowed the gas to get too low. I do not like the idea of a sump for long trips as it means you have to stop more often then with a standard pickup. The other factor was $$$, the Aero kit is about $500 more than what I pieced together. I cannot wait to see yours installed!!

Ian