Thread: no idle after power pipe and injectors

Senior SCH Member

no idle after power pipe and injectors

I finished installing a morpheus power pipe, 30lb injectors, adjustable regulator and an 80mm mass air. After the install the car ran great, definately noticeable power increase, I know this because I reved it to 6500, I never rev past 6000 but it happened so fast, like I added gear. Now the problem, the next day, the check engine light came on and it wouldnt hold and idle at all, just stalls and the light wont go away and its smelling pig rich. I scanned for codes and came up with the same 2 codes in continuous memory that I had before, 33 for egr and 66 for mass air, but those were there before, any ideas?

Senior SCH Member
    Hrmm.. What is the operating temp after idling for 10 mins or so and then driving at low speed and highway speeds? It's probably a vacuum leak or something simple like that. Without more info, I can't really troubleshoot it. ;)

Senior SCH Member
    the car wont idle at all, just stalls and engine lights always on.

Junior SCH Member
    I have almost the same problem.mine has a rough start and after it warms up runs fine,after driving it the car may stall or die at a stop light . i also can tell the car is running rich.

These problems sound mass air related. What meters are you using?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    80mm pro m calibrated for 30's and supercharged
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

These problems sound mass air related
    you just added the mass air right? go back into the fender and check the clip thats connected to the mam. it might be loose or if you cut the wires, make sure they're still together. when i take off my mam the check engine like comes on and runs like crap. just try it out.
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses