Thread: This Sucks and I'm beginning to get pissed!!

This Sucks and I'm beginning to get pissed!!

As you all know, I recently became the proud owner of a nice new Dart 302 block. Well, my machinist has now had the block for at least 3 weeks and not a damn thing has been accomplished as of today. To make this better, I helped a buddy of mine out & got him a Dart block thru Brian with AD Performance well guess who's F'ing block is already getting machined??? Yup, you guessed it, not F'ing mine!! The story is my machinist is suppossed to do both at the same time to save him the trouble of setting up his machinery 2 separate times. However, mine is still sitting in the damn box in the storage unit next to the shop. If this wasn't such a piss-ant small, ***-backwards, redneck F'ing town I'd have the option to pull all of my crap outta there and take my Sh*t to someone else who is competent and really wants my money and is actually capable of turning out jobs based off of a watch not on a celestial calender!!

Anyhow, rant off I feel a little better. I guess I just get to deal with it and hope that the ~$3500-$4000 worth of parts don't rust to a pile of crap before the job gets started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

If you give me the address to the storage container, I can go see how its doing for ya;) . I'll let you know how long it takes my machine shop to get it done for me.:D
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Thanks Doug, the scarry thing is anyone with a clue a a good sized crowbar could get in the storage unit. Sometimes I lay awake at night worrying about that, hell I have an easy $4000 worth of parts sitting in there and that's just my crap. No telling what all is in there $$$ wise...
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

SCH Member
    That's how the machine shop is here! They had my heads for 3-4 weeks, to change one bent valve!

I left them there and 2 weeks later, I called them to see if they were done and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about! They said the heads weren't there!

Luckily, they found them buried under some one else's crap that wasn't done yet!

Ridiculous!
    Jermey
    1990 Mustang GT
    N/A 302 - FTI Combo

Glad to know that I am not the only one :D

Do not worry Sean it will be ready before you know it!

Ian

I sure as hell hope so, I'm now considering pulling all my stuff outta there after the block is machined and the rotating assembly is balanced and figuring out how to build the motor myself. I just am not too comfortable with doing the assembly myself, plus I'd have to invest more money in some more tools to be able to do the job correctly.

For what it's worth----I'm gonna make very minor changes to my car this winter. I'm gonna take my time and do some serious R-n-D in porting cylinder heads. I think those Fox lake prices are out to lunch ya know, and who wants to wait. Sooooo I'm right there with you. I'm gonna try some E7's on my buddies carb'd car, and then I'm gonna go hog wild on My TFS heads.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    I didn't want to mess with machine shops, they're all the same.... DSS sent it out as promised in 2 weeks, and that's how a business is run my friends... I would love to have a local engine builder, but the best around charges SOOO much, it's rediculous.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

My builder cuts me good prices on labor but it's only if you have til ya are grey time lately. Had I wanted him to do this carp before the local 1/8 mile track opened up, the stuff would have been done already.

There are few small business owners around here that actually understand what a regular work day is and how to refrain from the 3 hr. lunches.