Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
WELL, stock tensioner setup just broke. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WELL, stock tensioner setup just broke.

Neil,

May have figured out a way to reposition the pulley where it sits high enough to give the needed clearance with the belt @ the w/p pulley.

Shift the mounting point 1 bolt counter-clockwise (on the W/P), 2 of the 3 bolts will line up, now if you can rig up a way to tie in the 3rd bolt hole on the bracket we'd be in business. A chunk of alum. the same thickness as the length of the short spacer could be used to tie 'em both in.

Drop me an e-mail at searly@camalott.com & I'll e-mail a pic or two of what I tried to explain (as soome as my batteries recharge :( )
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Neil ya got pics :D
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    Sean,

Not sure about what you mean about tying the 3rd bolt hole in, enlighten me my brother!
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

E-mail sent, would load pics here but my account has minimal space.

Neil,

Here's a pic with the bracket, took me about 5 min. to make. Used 3/4" boxed steel, drilled two holes and done. You will need to pick up (1) 4" long 5/16 allen head bolt to replace the one that is sticking up in the pic and then another 2" 5/16 allen head bolt to bolt the March bracket to the boxed steel bracket. You can use one of the 6" bolts supplied with the March kit to mount the boxed steel to the W/P.

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Junior SCH Member
    have you looked at CSI online catalog yet? they have a remote mounted electric water pump kit that could work. we would have to just mount it somewhere near the front of the motor. that would probably work because we could then just work on having the belt routed down the passenger side to run the charger, alternator, and crank.
    Paul

the only guy here with a car in so many pieces he can't remember how to put it all back together...........

big dreams of a dart 351 based carbed setup and a Jerico 4 spd dance through my head...........

Senior SCH Member
    is this on the revised novi or the first single belt novi? Good luck, hope you can get it to work

I've considered an elec. w/p but I have more pressing issues that need the ~$300 right now, can't recall anyone on here running an elec. pump with their single belt 1k unit.

And just for the record, you're not the only guy in here with a car in so many pieces that you can't remember how to put it back together :D Mine's been down & apart for about a year now. Hence my "Resident Bench Racer" status, lol.

well it is a possibility now that i have seen your handy work. will have to do some parts shopping and let you know how i make out.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

SEAN,

dude, i tried to put it in that way but the hole at the 12o'clock doesnt' line up if i put the 2nd bolt in. i would have to grind out the hole 1/8 inch to get it to line up properly... let me know how you did it or if yours just fits and mine is $hitty
    Neil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

There was minimal mis-match with mine, it was tight but it barely fit & I was able to get the bolt threaded all the way thru. Neil, worse come to worse, you could always open up the hole a little on the w/p & drill out the threads on the timing cover, run a bolt all the way thru & put a bolt on the backside of the timing cover.

i just don't want to do that if this isn't going to work though, ya know... what if i notch the bracket slightly instead? A little zip with the dremel should do it....
    Neil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

You could do that as well, but you will have to be careful & meticulous. the recessed hole in the March bracket also comes into play with keeping the pulley aligned with the other acces. and keeping it on a flat plane. If I had to do it I'd locate a good drill press and just use a large enough bit to give you the clearance needed.

Have you been able to mock it up to see if it clears the belt at the w/p, this was my main curiousity.

Clearing the WP will not be a problem, but coming off the crank pulley with the belt to this pulley is going to be almost straight up. Not sure if that is an issue.
    Neil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

Just looked at mine and with my larger F-150 pulley there is no way I'll encounter any interference between the crank and the March pulley, you'll be good to go there.