Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WELL, stock tensioner setup just broke.

Senior SCH Member
    ok I looked at the belt set-up and you guys will need a standard rotaion wp. It's gonna want to spin the opposite direction and I've tried it before with just running the pump backwards and it added 20-25 degrees to the coolant temp. Regatta you are a lifesaver. I will get that stuff tomorrow at the junkyard and then I just need to worry about the oil pan tap and the fan for clearance.

What do you guys think of using the oil return line from the blower. Just having it drain to the nipple on the oil filler neck instead of the pan?

neil! thats the beauty of this! it dosen't matter because it's still in the standard accesory train. New or old this elimainates the eliminators!!! if i had the old 1k setup this would still work...the only thing i need is a piece of thread-all and a spacer(which i will disclose the proper size when i me it tonite) for the bottom of the alt. but if you want to retain you P/S then get the bracket off the lincoln and your set. The stock rotation of the water pump is retained. For us that want all that crap off of there this is the ticket IMO!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Well the swap didn't go as good as planned and i don;t know why they would've been different. But i did make it fit. i had to slot some holes make spacers, and add washers of course. Very Simple.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Sorry for the massive pics......

ac elim

ac elim

ac elim

and 4, this is pretty custom but not at all difficult.

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    HOLY DIALUP BATMAN! my problem with that setup is belt routing with the single drive novi. while it looks good, i would have to actually have the bracket to try it out on. also, did you reenforce the bracket where the alternator was so it won't flex?
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Call ASP and see if they have a grooved waterpump pulley with the correct spacing and dia to work with your 8" crank and go down and buy a standard rotation water pump. I know it will work neil and you won't find a cleaner install than that.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

neil-did you notice the steel rod that goes from the top of the bracket to the intake?

45 minutes later I get to see your handiwork (damn dial-up). Looks good, is the tensioner on the Novi still useful or do you find that most of the tensioning is adjusted at the alt. now?

I didn't know that Harold had stickers, Ian you need some cool looking stickers like his, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Well i did away with the Ford spring tensioner and it is done by the lincoln bracket. The Novi tensior is an eight rib. Yeah I'm one of those New 1K guys. But i thought that this could help the old 1k with a little more belt wrap with the belt going from the blower to the crank, and the fact that this would get rid of the ford tensioner and you'd have a full manual adjustment on how tight you wanted the belt. As far as the sticker goes thats a little shameless advertising for harold. He really helped me out alot.

Neil---I hadn't really checked it out but it's the new 1/2" bracket so i think it will be fine. I'll go give it a shake.

Brent I like it!! The idea of having dual belt tensioner is sweet. That way you could take a bit of stress off of the finely designed Novi 1k tensioner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    I have that set-up and will post pics sunday night. Regatta, any heads up on the grinding and spacers would be great. Thanks in advance

kool---i had to slot the driver's side bolt of the bracket. I'll measure the bolt that goes in the head and let you know if you like. I used 5 flat washer, as in the pics.