Well I got my Powermaster 140amp Race Alternator today. I installed it and I have a question for those that have one. I made it so it is charging as soon as I have the car started "Is that good?". I wasn't sure if I should have it charge all the time or, to have it cut in/ cut out like normal.

First I had it connected with the suplied wire from the post to the + battery term. Than I started it and I was reading more into it and I decided to make it run all the time. I cut the green wire w/ red stripe and tied it into the #1 prong term on the Alt "it has 2 supplied terminals to use". This allows it to bypass the cut in/out and run all the time.

Is this a good idea? Will this heat up the wire too much and make it melt, or will it explode the battery?

I was just wonderin if anyone else has done the same thing and how it works.

And if I went to the cut in/out how would I check to see if it is working? Unplug the - Term or use a volt meter on the prong off of the alt where it goes to the + battery. Thats what I would think, but if it is cut in/out it won't be doing it all the time so I would think I wouldn't get a reading all the time. I don't know!

Thanks