Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finally put the 8" pulley on......

no, see my sig... when you said true H/C/I you meant stock...my bad, i thought you meant all aftermarket like me.....you should deffinately be seeing more than me!

**correction, in my above statement it looks as though i said "only 8 psi could be had wiht the new 8" crank" but i meant that it was possible to only see that amount. just wanted to have that clear =)**

-justin
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

sinner, good point, i was thinking you meant a "hard to find" leak like a vacuum leak type boost leak.........

-justin

Senior SCH Member
    no bypass valve hooked up yet, everything is tight, what would be the next step to get over 10psi?
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

Well the first thing I'd do is get a bypass valve, then your only real other choice whould be a smaller pulley on your blower, voiding warranty.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Senior SCH Member
    whats the next step smaller pulley for this blower, how much boost would it give, where can I get it and how much would it cost?
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

chem5l, ASP sells these, cost is on thier website. you would be the 1st to do so, so no results of the gain is posted yet........the size you go to is your choice. we have a 3.5" blower pulley so the smaller you go the bigger the gain, just keep in mind the more you spin the hotter the air. you have to calculate your blower rpm. max sufficient rpm is 55k........
    -justin

Well the guys with older style blowers have a 3.25" pulley and with the 8" crank and powerpipe they are making around 15lbs on modified engines. So I'd have to guess with that size pulley you should be around there.
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

it seems to work a little different between the old & new style units. i realize that the older style had both smaller crank & blower pullies than the revised units but the older units react differently to the pullies for some reason....i could be dead wrong, but i dont see the approx 8psi jumping to 15psi with a 1/4" smaller crank pulley! but hey, somone please prove me wrong. id love to see the results of a smaller blower pulley on a revised unit!!
    -justin

I was wondering that too but I don't see how or why the head units would be different.
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

yeah, same head unit, same pulley configuration, you would think it has to net the same results. mabey your right, since the blower pulley would have a 3/4" size drop difference it may make a huge difference boost wise........cant wait till somone gets that "void" bug & goes for it! =)

in reality, i wouldnt want to jump right to 15psi. i dont want to max my blower right away. im not even sure my 93 bottomend couldnt handle that on top of the heat & crankcase pressure. i would like to spin it several thousand rpms below its full potential, heck 12 psi would be awsome. the heat generated after that has got to be insane...........

-justin