Thread: Rrrrr-Trim

Senior SCH Member

Rrrrr-Trim

Sorry stupid post but I had to be the first. :D

Not a problem....

Congrats you just became the moderator for this section ;)

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    hey if i can help...no problem. i have a feeling that i'll be kinda lonely here though. ;) not too many R-Trim user anymore.

Junior SCH Member
    I've previously never heard of an R-trim, so if you would care to share some specs on it that would be great. I've seen your car before, at the 98 cobra car show.

Hi there

Do not worry about being lonely, even though I am a YSer I will visit you. Remember good tech is good tech.:D
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Senior SCH Member
    Vortech02GT - This is Eric right......white 02 gt. Congrats on your newly purchased blower. You’re gonna love it. The R-Trim is the race version supercharger before the T-Trim came out. It's a good blower that loves to be spun. I got a great deal on a barely used R-Trim so that's why I got it instead of the S-Trim. I don't have the Compressor map here at work but I'll try and post it up here for everyone. Incase you didn't know, the compressor map shows a blowers efficiency zone.

Brcuda - Thanks. You're absolutely right. Good tech is good tech. Glad you joined the board!

Junior SCH Member

yo

ray this is marcel, whaaatup

-marcel

Junior SCH Member

R-TRIM BELT SLIPPAGE

HELLO
    Im new with a super charger,I bought a mustang with a 383cu. -windsor with a model (V-1) (race-M) super charger,its a 1998 model.I can not keep a belt on the darn thing,It works good playing on the street-putzin around but I took it to the track this weekend and made 2 passes and used 2 belts.At one time going down track I seen I was making 10lbs boost-but I get back to the pit and the belt is gone-it disinigrates the belt I do have the belt tight with a manual tensioner.we went 11.90@113 with no belt-and 10.00@135 with a belt coming off at the end of the pass sometime-Is it possible the belt is burning up after the run?-during shut down?,The car seems to run to good to be loosing the belt during the run?.but I thought it would make more than 10 lbs boost also?.-It has a 7" crank pulley and a 2 3/4 super charger pulley.It is a 10 rib surpintene system.--I just bought a 75 tooth cog crank pulley and a 26 tooth cog super charger pulley I was going too switch to the cog system to step it up and cure the slippage-do you think I will pick up any boost-Is there a rule of thumb to how much hp a guy can pick up per lb of boost?
    Sorry for all the questions but this is just the begining.
    Thanks for all your help,Doug

Senior SCH Member
    the belt shouldn't slip to the point where it disingrates. from what it sounds like to me, you might have an alignment proplem. the cog setup my help but you might also blow up that belt if the alignment is off.

if i remember correctly, DEPENDING ON THE SETUP, the general rule is 10 - 15 rwhp for every pound of boost.