Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil leak?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oil leak?

Senior SCH Member

oil leak?

does anyone have a problem with oil leaking somewhere around the impeller. i took my inlet tube off the other day and noticed some oil laying on the inside of the clamp. i cleaned it off and again today there is some more there. it is not alot but noticible. there is also a slight film of oil in the discharge side of the s.c. just wondering if i should go ahead and yank it off and send it back to paxton.

I had the exact same problem, so did a few other blower guys.

The oil is coming out of the TB, down the discharge, into the blower, and out of the inlet.

Inspect your TB, if it is wet then that is your problem.

Let us know.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    how is it coming from the tb? i have the lines rerouted like it said to do in the instructions, theres no way i can be getting it from the valve cover like that. i didn't notice any oil around the tb, mainly around the clamp by the impeller

It comes up from pressure in the crank case. Do you have a breather?

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    yes i have a k&n breather on the filler tube. how do you mean. by pressure building up in the crankcase it is coming up into the intake and into the tb

Yep exactly.

When I take my intake off it has oil in it, when I take off my discharge it has oil in it and my TB is wet.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    huh, hopefully thats what it is then. getting me worried thinking the 9 psi is killing it already.

Watch it very carefully, if your TB is NOT wet, then pack that sucker up and send it back.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    well i now have little metal shavings coming out of the discharge side of the s.c. i took it off and i'm going to the place where i bought it in the morning, they said they had one they would swap me with.

Wow, I am very surprised! Let us know what Paxton tells you. I would like to know the actual failure.

They are going to swap it out for free?

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    i had bought it from summit racing in tallmadge, ohio. they are going to swap it for me. paxton said that they would rebuild it but it would take about a month, so i'm just going to take it to summit in the morning and get a new one. i'm going to try and keep track of it though and find out from paxton what happened to it. i'm sure all that summit will do is just ship it to paxton to get fixed. i just hope that the metal shavings didn't get into the bottom end of the motor. i'm going to drain the oil tomorrow and find out. if there is i'm going to be giving paxton a call and complain about this one big time. if there is shavings in there i think they owe me another motor. what do you think?

I hope it all works out.

I hope that nothing made it by the TB and down into the intake. How much metal are we talking about? Lots?

Paxton will not help you out as their disclaimer says they are not responsible for your car once the kit is bolted in. I do not know if that is the exact wording, but close :)

Drain the pan, and let us know.

I would also suggest you take off your oil feed and return to clean them out.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    i'm definately going to change the oil at least 3 times. need to get me a shorter belt to run it without the supercharger so i don't have to worry bout getting the shavings into the new supercharger. i already converted everything over last night to run it without the supercharger but don't have a short enough belt, think i'm going to run it like that for a few to make sure everything is clean.

Very good idea!

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    well got my new s.c. this morning. no hassles out of them or anything. they looked in the box to make sure it was in there and went and got my the new one. couldn't beleive how smooth it went with them, figured they would give me some kind of a hard time on it. going to start on it in the morning. hopefully i don't have any problems out of this one