Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil leak? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: oil leak?

Great to hear!

Summit is a great company to deal with.

Ian

SCH Member

you find out how good a store really is..

.. when you have to take something back to them.

This is why I like Summit (though a lot of people seem to really enjoy bad mouthing them).

But yes, I bought my blower from Muscle Motors, too, on Ebay. The guys were great to me and I really hope I don't have to go that route. So far after 2000 miles, my Novi is doing fine, and I did get panicky about some oil in the intake tube, but it looked like it was from the K&N. None in the discharge side.

I have bought thousands of dollars at Summit, and I am VERY pleased!

Ian

Summit is a great company to deal with. I usually get my stuff in 2 days tops and that's with ground shipping!!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Senior SCH Member
    well got the novi back on the other day and now i have a blown head gasket. just can't win from losing. hopefully get the head gaskets changed without any problems.

Wow, you have had some bad luck! Let us know how you make out. If possible, take some pics so we can see how you did.

Thanks

Senior SCH Member
    well bout got it all back together. it was a headgasket problem, on the divers side between #6 and #7 cylinders. would have had it together tonight if i would have gotten all my head bolts, have to pick up the rest of them in the morning. hopefully have her going again by tomorrow evening. forgot to snap pics so far, maybe get some tomorrow before i get her all together.

Great! The more pics the better!

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    well i got it all back together but i still have the same problem. there is still air getting into the coolant system somehow. i did both a compression test and leak down test which both were ok. i have a new 3 core radiator, new 180 stat, new hoses, new water pump. what else could it be. the funny thing is that if i set there and keep it reved up to about 3 grand it will stay cool but when i let it idle it will start to heat up. then every now and right about when the stat should open up the temp gage will climb up really quick and the coolant will start to rush out the radiator, it will blow about half the coolant out when it does this. i'm stumped.:(

This is a dumb question, but did you "burp" the system to get the air bubbles out? When you do that the coolant level drops alot, maybe you are just short a little coolant?

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    yep, it is burped. plus the stat has a hole in to allow air to pass through.

Senior SCH Member
    which way does the coolant flow? does it come into the intake and then into the top of the radiator? right now i have the spring on the stat in the housing. should it be in the intake? would this be causing my problem?

Senior SCH Member
    well it ended up being 2 things. one my stat was in backwards and 2 the fan clutch wasn't engaging. for now i drilled two holes in the fan clutch and put 2 screws in it, works great for now. going to autozone in the morning to either buy another clutch unit or get a flex fan. already have one flex fan i didn't use from another vehicle, probably going to trade it in on one for the mustang.

Great! So you are all set??

I am glad to hear you found the problem!

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    yep, i'm all set now. can't beleive thats all it was. i still have some small bubbles coming into the overflow though, not for sure about that. have you guys had any luck with the flex fans? i heard that they are notorious for flying apart. sorry for not getting any pics, get in a big hurry and never thought about it, or i did at least when i already had it together. ooh well if nothing else i at least have some good head gaskets on it now.:D