Thread: belt length for revised novi 1000 with 8" crank pulley

Senior SCH Member

belt length for revised novi 1000 with 8" crank pulley

wondering what the length of the acessory belt is with an underdriven crank with an 8" crank pulley, the new revised novi, I know the size of the blower belt, not sure if I can use the stock belt with the new pulley

Senior SCH Member
    the crank part is under driven, can I use the stock belt

89" If all other acc. pullies are stock sized.......88.5 would be better if you cab get it on there. this would pull the belt up away from the water pump pulley since the tensioner pushes it real close.......i recommend getting both & using the one that works best with your application..........
    -justin

89" If all other acc. pullies are stock sized.......88.5 would be better if you can get it on there. this would pull the belt up away from the water pump pulley since the tensioner pushes it real close.......i recommend getting both & using the one that works best with your application..........
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    yeah, I used the 88.5 belt, my accessories are stock with factory ac, works great, lots of room over the water pump pulley
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

Senior SCH Member
    ok thanks guys, and that is with the underdriven crank pulley and 8" drive pulley for the blower

Senior SCH Member
    how much boost will the next size smaller pulley get you, where can I get it and how much does it cost?
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

Are you talking about the next size smaller blower pulley? Sorry, you weren't specific.......ASP sells those as well. Don't think anyone has voided their warrenty yet to find out the results yet though, if you decide to change yours please let us know how it turns out =)
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    no the crank pulley that goes to the supercharger is 8" I left the blower pulley alone. And the crank part of the pulley for the accessories is smaller then stock. The 8" pulley is a 1 piece for the revised version of the novi 1000

cobra33, i was responding to chem5l above with my last reponse.......sorry for any confusion (=
    -justin