Thread: First one

Junior SCH Member

First one

Well Looks like i will be the first A-trim guy on here. I am new to the supercharger world and will have lots of questions. I actually havent gotten to drive my car with the supercharger on it due to being in the middle of my 5lug 4 wheel disc conversion. Well hope this site really takes off
    Black 93 notch
    A-trim.
    No times with supercharger yet

Senior SCH Member
    a-trim is a great start... i did the same and eventually bought the ho upgrade kit from vortech (alum discharge, bypass vavle, msd btm, t-rex, larger crank pulley, 8 rib blower pulley). recently i had the impeller changed to the s-trim.

good luck with the blower, its a lot of fun
    --
    93 GT

Junior SCH Member

A-trimmer checkin in

I just installed an A-trim (actually the new SC-trim replacement to the A) a couple months ago and I love it! Will be installing more go fast goodies soon in the neverending quest for more ponies.:D
    '91 GT (Original Owner)
    SC-trim w/ bypass, TFS Street intake, 65 mm FMS TB, 7" crank pulley, Morpheus pipe, 30# FMS injectors, 255 GSS340 Walbro, 3.55's, 1 5/8 shorties, Magnaflow catback

Junior SCH Member
    actually mine is the new sc trim also. one question, how much can you get the ho upgrade for and how much boost does the bigger crank pully add? thanks
    Black 93 notch
    A-trim.
    No times with supercharger yet

Junior SCH Member
    I think the HO upgrade is around $500 (by sending the unit back to Vortech to convert to S-trim status). One of the A-trimmers at the Corral site (with the straight vane impellers) indicated he was getting 7.5 - 8 psi with a 7" crank pulley and powerpipe. I'm guessing the sc-trim may get alittle more but not sure. I'm gonna get the 7" pulley in the next couple of months.
    '91 GT (Original Owner)
    SC-trim w/ bypass, TFS Street intake, 65 mm FMS TB, 7" crank pulley, Morpheus pipe, 30# FMS injectors, 255 GSS340 Walbro, 3.55's, 1 5/8 shorties, Magnaflow catback

Senior SCH Member
    the ho upgrade is different from the impeller upgrade.

i paid ~500 for the ho kit, and i paid 814 for the s-trim upgrade
    --
    93 GT

Junior SCH Member
    I'm gonna get the 7" pulley in the next couple of months.
    I've got mine, want to see a pic??? HAHAHA!!!!!!
    88 Gt, 302, Gt-40 irons/performer intake, stock cam, Tremec TKO, 3.55's......

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Shifter
    I've got mine, want to see a pic??? HAHAHA!!!!!!
    Damn Shifter! Well I'll wait a little. I have too many other parts awaiting install and no time! Looking to install my in-tank high-pressure walbro and various other fuel system upgrades prior to increasing boost. And a couple of induction parts. Hehe

Did you get that bypass installed yet?

MoDo: What's the HO upgrade and what does it do?
    '91 GT (Original Owner)

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by 91GTFiveO
    Damn Shifter! Well I'll wait a little. I have too many other parts awaiting install and no time! Looking to install my in-tank high-pressure walbro and various other fuel system upgrades prior to increasing boost. And a couple of induction parts. Hehe

Did you get that bypass installed yet?

MoDo: What's the HO upgrade and what does it do?
    HO upgrade consists of the following parts: 8rib 3.33" blower pulley / 6.87" 8 rib crank pulley, t-rex, aluminum discharge and bypass valve, msd btm
    --
    93 GT

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by MoDo
    HO upgrade consists of the following parts: 8rib 3.33" blower pulley / 6.87" 8 rib crank pulley, t-rex, aluminum discharge and bypass valve, msd btm
    What kind of boost were you seeing before you upgraded to S-trim status?
    '91 GT (Original Owner)

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by 91GTFiveO
    What kind of boost were you seeing before you upgraded to S-trim status?
    7 lbs on the stock motor with the "a-trim", 12 lbs on the stock motor with the "s-trim"

same pullies 3.33/6.87
    --
    93 GT