Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
bad fuel pressure regulator?

Thread: bad fuel pressure regulator?

Senior SCH Member

bad fuel pressure regulator?

Hey guys, I noticed something weird in trying to get my car running again, my fuel pressure doesnt change with or without the vaccuum hooked up, is this right? It seems to maintain fuel pressure though.
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

hmm sounds like a vaccumm leak, maybe thats why your car isn't right.

Need some others to chime in on this...
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

From my experience, with the vacuum off the F/P reading is slightly higher (4-6 psi) then when the vacuum is attached, so you are correct something is not right. The only thing that I can think of would be to get one of those manual pumps and apply vacuum to the f/p regulator manually while the car is running, if the pressure drops then I would suspect the regulator is fine.

Do you have a boost/vacuum gauge installed? If so, how much vacuum does it show at idle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Originally posted by mheinjr
    hmm sounds like a vaccumm leak, maybe thats why your car isn't right.

Need some others to chime in on this...
    I thought that also. Check for obvious leaks. Does the line connected to the FPR "suck" at idle?

Switch it out with your stock one to see if it runs any better. I still have my stock one if you need it to get you by(if you can't find yours).

Senior SCH Member
    actually, my boost guage in the car shows a vaccum of 15 or 16, how does that sound.
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

That sounds about the right "ballpark"....Does the vacuum line from intake to f/p regulator have vacuum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th