Thread: Which Pro-M

Junior SCH Member

Which Pro-M

Guys, Its time to install the P600B.
    I have ported trick flow heads/ intake
    42 lbs inj
    Should I go with the 3in UNiv 6-pin?

Yes sir... that's the one to go with... just make note that it HAS to be tuned... it is not a plug-n-play type of meter like the rest of them... my car didn't work worth a damn till it was tuned. Infact, it had strange problems that suggested a bad meter... only because the Univer's curve is TOTALY different than a meter that samples air the traditional way. Plan on an expensive meter and a tune to get it right. Once it is done right, it's a solid meter.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    thats for sure.
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Junior SCH Member

re

Where did you guys buy meter from?
    According to Pro-M you have to get a 6 pin harness as well?

SCH Member
    i got my meter from Steve Moberly who runs www.streetfly.com . i buy the great majority of my parts from him. As to the UNIVER, it is a great meter, but it MUST be tuned on the dyno. My car was so rich it couldn't be measured on the dyno. We leaned it way out at idle and put fuel back in slowly as we increased the rpms on the progressive pulls. All total we pulled 18 times before we ran out of injector. Ken
    I can't hear you scream over my D1SC!!!!!!!!!
    PICS COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!
    DSS super pro bullet 308
    D1SC pullied for 14# Intercooled
    80 mm Univer
    75mm Edelbrock T/B
    Trick Flow Track Heat Upper/Lower
    Twisted Wedge heads
    42# injectors/ no fmu/ PMS
    MSD Digital 6
    Flowtech Inductions- Ed Curtis Custom Cam
    ProMotion TKO and beyond.
    Steeda upper/lower control arms and anti roll bar
    Bullet Racing 6 pt Chrome moly roll cage
    Eaton Race Diff with 31 spline Moser Axles

Mine was all accross the board. The strange part is even at WOT, it would sit super rich (8:1) and then peg 16:1 which seems like a bad meter... but as Scott put it (Pro-M's tuner), the Univer does NOT work the same as other meters... you can't simply adjust the curve with it like other draw through aftermarket meters... they actually meter differently and send the signal in a whole different manner to the computer. You have to sometimes literally enter in the curve straight off of the flow sheet along with other info from the sheet to make it work right. That is what he had to do with mine and let me tell you... I was ready to get rid of the damn car before (well not really... just so incredibly frusterated with it)... it runs like a champ ever since he did that.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net