Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Y vs YS trim

Thread: Y vs YS trim

Y vs YS trim

Just need some help clearing up some arguement a friend and i were having the other day and figured this would be the place to find out. Is there a difference between a Y and YS trimmed Vortech or is it just a lazy way of saying YS? Thanks to all who reply in advance.
    Mike

P.S. There is alot of beer at stake so please respond quickly....I'm thirsty. HAHA :D
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

From what I understand the Y was the orignal blower and it was then updated and replaced with the YS. So they are two seperate units from what I've been told.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Senior SCH Member
    The Y was the first release, but it lacked low end performance, but had an awesome top end charge, it was only produced for a short time, then they came out with the YS the difference is the impeller design, the YS was produced to give the low end performance simular to the S, but in a bigger package that could still make big power up top. the YS makes a good 2-3psi of boost over the Y in the lower RPMs, with the same pulleys. I one of the original Y trims and traded it in for a YS before I even used it.
    Spence

8.96/160

Many thanks.

Thanks Eric and Spence for the replies. I owe ya each a beer ( or drink of your choice) at the next big race I see ya at.
    Mike

PS the boy should have known better.
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D