Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should have listened to you guys

The oil needs to flow down stream so the pan is the best spot.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    I got it running and it pulls pretty hard. I just want to get it tuned on a dyno by FordChip and then it'll be where I want it at. I am hoping when it get's tuned to make 460-470 rwhp. No Joke!

Thanks for all your help and especially Regatta for the heads up on the non-HO alt. bracket. It would have been up for sale if you didn't give me that idea:D

Also a big huge thanks to Paxu2 for 95% of the install. Finally after 2 months it's done:king:

No prob. Thank my friend rich. He had it on his windsor with serpentine and i I said, "what the frick is that off of" The rest is history. Much easier to service and work on for a Street/Strip car. Is your blower belt riding well without the alt and the smog pulley? Do me favor and have someone whatch how the belt rides on the dyno. My blower belt looks a little strange but i have 25 passes on it with no slip. I'm gonna dyno mine this spring and shoot for 500 rwhp.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    OK I will. I'm not going to dyno it for a few months at most but what timing is your car set at? I have 22 total locked and it makes 6-7 psi. I'm going to keep it that way until it gets tuned. I don't want any problems until I get it tuned

You should be fine as I ran 24* total all summerwith that exact amount of boost. It hit 7lbs right before the rev limiter right? See how it does on 22, check plugs and try 24. find somewhere to let it rip, shut it off, coast down and check plugs @ max RPM you're gonna turn. Sneak up on a good tune. How's your fuel system?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Senior SCH Member
    fuel system is 42# with 255 intank and walbro 255 inline

i'm sure you'll be fine.

Senior SCH Member
    get an alternator bracket off of a mid 80s crown vic, it will mount your alternator on the drivers side and has an old school slide tensioner

looks factory and cost about $10 at a scrap yard

Senior SCH Member
    Mike, that's what I did. Wanna see pics? I have video of my car but need to find out how to convert it over for everyone to see.

HA! yup.

Senior SCH Member
    my car. Look what I noticed. The blower blew out the elbow off the t.b. that was capped
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can't wait to hear some dyno #'s. Nice setup! I need a rad like your's.

Senior SCH Member
    well it will be awhile before I dyno or race it. I still have my 4.30 gear in it!!!:D

:devil: Take it to an 1/8 mile and clean house! LOL

Originally posted by regattacoupe
    :devil: Take it to an 1/8 mile and clean house! LOL
    No joke, now that we have a brand new 1/8 track right here in town, I wish I would have left my 4.10's in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th