Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
All new Vortech YSI-trim

Thread: All new Vortech YSI-trim

All new Vortech YSI-trim

Any new users out there, if so what's the pro's and con's on it.
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

Junior SCH Member
    I heard that it used parts off of the Novi 2000. I think it used the Novi's volute .
    10.13 out of a S trim
    680 hp out of a YS trim

Senior SCH Member
    where did you hear that 302man? Novi parts wont work on a vortech. they may have designed it around those parts tho but not from the novi.

I do know its worth more power and more boost and yes it definatly moves more air, thats all I can tell ya from a close source that has tested it on the dyno.
    Spence

8.96/160

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Spence
    where did you hear that 302man?
    From a friend who works for Larocca's.

Your probably right, parts won't interchange, they probably used the design from it.
    10.13 out of a S trim
    680 hp out of a YS trim

Senior SCH Member
    HAHA......yeah from a shop that only deals in Prochargers...........HAHAHA.
    Spence

8.96/160

Senior SCH Member
    Heres the press release....

NEW!! VORTECH V-7 YSi-TRIM SUPERCHARGER NEW!!

Channel Islands, CA (August 21, 2003) – Vortech Engineering, LLC has introduced a new V-7 YSi-Trim supercharger. The new YSi was designed using Vortech’s exclusive supercharger test cell designed to meet SAE-J1723 standard. Developed primarily for racing applications, the new YSi offers performance capabilities of 1200 horsepower. This new supercharger eclipses the performance capability of the V-7 YS-Trim by approximately 200 horsepower and it offers a maximum airflow capacity of 1,600 CFM. The YSi has a maximum pressure flow of 30 psig and an adiabatic efficiency rating of 78%. For those who already own the V-7 YS-Trim supercharger, a new upgrade is available which will include a new impeller, compressor housing, and replacement seals and earings. This unit has already been legalized for NMRA EFI/RENEGADE competition and will already be installed on multiple front-running Renegade cars in BOWLING GREEN. Suggested retail price for the new V-7 YSi-Trim Supercharger is $2,750.95 and the starting price to upgrade a V-7 YS to YSi-Trim is $1,199.95. For more information contact Vortech Engineering at 805.247.0226 or visit www.vortechsuperchargers.com on the web!!
    Spence

8.96/160

:D Everything I've read, it should be a contender

What a bummer, I have not even install my YS-Trim yet and an upgrade is out
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Looks like it's about 200 more cfm over the standard YS!