Thread: Finally, the car runs, and great.

Senior SCH Member

Finally, the car runs, and great.

Hey guys, I want to start off by saying that I appreciate all the help along the way to making my car run right. One problem that I had was the vaccumm line going to the regulator wasnt seeing vaccuum, changed that and the pressure would drop with vaccuum. The major problem actually turned out to be the mass air flow signal, it was not seeing .6 to .9 volts, it was shorted out at the main harness, soldered a new harness and the car ran perfect. My check engine light still comes on but goes away right away, still seeing the code 66 and 33, when you guys are idling and disconnect the air idle controllers harness, does your car still idle or does it stall? By the way, I am still seeing 8psi with the power pipe and 8" pulley, but the car pulls like mad and I think my full off road exhaust is causing me to loose 1 or 2 psi, so it probably would have been 10 on a totally stock car.
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

Glad to hear it worked out for you...

Ian

Good to hear!

Hate to say it but my initial thoughts when I saw the title "Finally, the car runs, and great" was BITE ME! But I got to thinking about it, it's actually nice to know eventually we'll all get the dumb gremlins out of our cars. (Good lord, did I say Gremlin in the same sentence I'm talking about my Mustang?) God knows, if I didn't get the picky details worked out I'm going to take every nut and bolt off of my car until it does work. :D
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)