Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: recommendations

Update on the Pulley.

Well the pulley was promised to me within a week and it has now been almost a month. I gave up on waiting and my car is currently in the shop for some dyno tuning. I felt that I have been patient on this but I can wait no longer. Sorry guys I really would have liked to give you feedback on it. I guess I'm not very important to them.

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719
    MODS: Vortech S-Trim, Aftercooler, Mini Race Bypass Valve, AFM Power Pipe, 90m.m. LMAF, 42# Injectors, Superchips Chip, 03 Cobra Fuel Pump, Trunk Mount Battery, Auto Meter Gauges, Solid Axle Swap, 4:10 Gears, O/R H-Pipe, Mac Cat-Back, Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Mac Subframe Connectors, D/S Safety Loop, McLeod Clutch, Steeda Sport Springs, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Eaton Posi, Granatelli Upper & Lower Control Arms, AFS 2003 Chrome Cobra Wheels (17x9, 17x10.5), 315/35/17 Nitto DR's.
    Dyno: 496 RWHP. & 422 RWT. (SAE Corrected)
    MY WEBSITE: Click Here
    ww.ModularFords.com -4V Forum Moderator

Junior SCH Member

reichard racing no slip blower pulley

i have one of jim reichard's six rib no slip blower pulleys on my wifes cobra. it seems to work fine. when i put the reichard racing blower pulley on, i also put on a new belt. at this same time i also cleaned the old belt dust off the engine. with the new blower pulley installed, i no longer see belt dust on the valve cover, or around the water tube that goes into the head, or anywhere around the blower for that matter. i will let you know the results of the pulley after we tune the car. we might start tuning the car this week.

george holsenback (akatherazor4), jim reichard is finishing up your pulley today. he has been swamped with work since the pri show. you are the one that waited until after the p.r.i. show to decide that you wanted the pulley. jim reichard has not intentionally been delaying your pulley he has been swamped and has also been buying new cnc equippment so he can turn the work out faster. he bought a cnc lathe and a haas vf-3 cnc mil. he has been making the pullies by hand with a non cnc lathe, that is why it takes jim 5 hours to make each pulley. i hope you are not backing out of buying the pulley since you already told him to make it. if you are backing out, don't bother asking me or any one i know for anything ever again.

bryan manduley

Bryan you have been a big help to me as far as getting some local people to help tune my car. I admire and respect your vast knowlege of cars as well. You are very talented and gifted when it comes to mechanical abilities.

What you need to realize is that my Cobra is a daily driver. The car has had issues since the day the supercharger went on due to poor chip tuning. That has nothing to do with you, But rather puts me in a very bad spot. I have been trying to schedule more time with John for the dyno but the guy is always busy. I've contacted him on 3 different occasions only to be put off to the side. John is also a nice guy and very knowlegable. He is just way too busy to help me with my problems. I was very patient in wating but I can wait no longer. Nothing against you or John but my car needs to be fixed.

I have been waiting on that pulley for almost a month now. The last time we spoke I was told a week. I felt I was extremely patient waiting almost a month now, And I haven't even complained. If the guy is busy then that is fine, Surely he has more important things to do then worry about my $200 pulley.

I am a man of my word and will purchase the pulley. Since you have told me it will be done today then I will even extend my offer until Friday for delivery of the product. I think that is more than fair, Don't you? I am not out to screw anyone Bryan but I do expect things to be delivered as promised. I work hard for my money and demand the utmost respect when I spend it. So if the pulley can be in my hands by Friday then I will be happy to pay for it.

Nobody told me I would wait this long to get it. My understanding was 1 week in wich you told me. If it was going to be this long then I wouldn't have bothered getting it. If my Cobra was just another toy in the garage it wouldn't be such a big deal to wait, But this is my daily driver.

I think it was in very poor taste that you would put a friendship on the line over a pulley. I also think it was worse that you posted it on a public forum when you have my phone number and could have called me. I have been on the racing scene for 10 years now and all this upsets me just a bit. My cars have always been top notch and have won 99% of races that I ever put them in. I might not always wrench on them but I do design and drive them myself. I think I have earned a little more respect then what you have showed me here. Regardless of your reply I will maintain respect for at least your mechanical abilities.

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719
    MODS: Vortech S-Trim, Aftercooler, Mini Race Bypass Valve, AFM Power Pipe, 90m.m. LMAF, 42# Injectors, Superchips Chip, 03 Cobra Fuel Pump, Trunk Mount Battery, Auto Meter Gauges, Solid Axle Swap, 4:10 Gears, O/R H-Pipe, Mac Cat-Back, Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Mac Subframe Connectors, D/S Safety Loop, McLeod Clutch, Steeda Sport Springs, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Eaton Posi, Granatelli Upper & Lower Control Arms, AFS 2003 Chrome Cobra Wheels (17x9, 17x10.5), 315/35/17 Nitto DR's.

Junior SCH Member

hi george.

i am glad you still want the pulley. i thought you were bailing out on the pulley after i told jim to build it for you. i just called jim to make arrangements to pick the pulley up for you. i am very sorry for jim's delays. your $200 pulley business is just as important as someones $1500 air to water race intercooler business. jim has honestly gotten a little behind on everything due to the purchase of the new shop equipment. i wish you could have gone with me to his shop on saturday and seen for yourself just how crazy things have been for jim lately. his new equipment is due to arrive by the end of the week, then he has to set it up. but with the new cnc equipment he will be able to get things done faster. i appologize for getting upset in my last post. i felt like i was caught in the middle, since i was the one who gave jim the specs on the pulley and i was also the one who told jim to build it for you. as far as john goes, i have been helping john finish three cars that he has had at the shop. we just got the cars mechanically finished. other than doing some baseline line dynoing these cars are done. i need to look at the blower belt that is on your car now, so i can see if you have any strange wear patterns with the factory vortech pulley. if you have these strange wear problems, the blower pulley may need to spaced back .025" or .050" to correct the belt mis-alignment problem. if you have this problem you will see wear on the back edge of the belt (the side closest to the alternator). my wifes car had this problem with the factory vortech pulley. her pulley needed to be spaced back .050". call me.

bryan manduley

Junior SCH Member

blower pulley is done.

hi george, i just talked to jim. your pulley is done. i will have your pulley and the pulley spacers in my hand by 8:00 a.m. wednesday morning. contact me so we can arrange a meeting place and time. i am at work and i do not have your phone number here.

bryan manduley

Junior SCH Member

George, I have your blower pulley.

hi george, i have your blower pulley and pulley spacers. call me, so we can arrange a meeting place and time.

bryan manduley

Re: George, I have your blower pulley.

Originally posted by bryan manduley
    hi george, i have your blower pulley and pulley spacers. call me, so we can arrange a meeting place and time.

bryan manduley
    Bryan I will call you at your house tonight.:D

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719

Junior SCH Member
    cool. if i am not at home, leave me a message. i am going to dale city tonight. may be i can meet you near there tonight. tommorow i will be at john's by 6:00pm. i will be working on stuff at john's tomorrow for a few hours, you can call me there or you can call me at work today or tomorrow.

bryan manduley

Got the Pulley today.

I finally have the pulley in my hands from Reichard racing.(Thanks Bryan) It is a very nice looking piece. I wish I could use it on my car but it's to small.:( I'm going to sell this one and purchase a 3.6 just like it. Any takers?

Razor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 Cobra #719

Junior SCH Member

hi george.

george,
    i am glad you like the pulley. let me know when you want a 3.6" version of jim reichard's no slip pulley. jim will be reorganizing his shop and setting up his new equipment for the next week or two. jim looks forward to doing more work for you. he also thanks you for your business. maybe the next time i go to jim's you could ride over with me and meet him for yourself. he is a great person. i will be taking my turbo engine over to jim's soon, so we can work on the cam sensor that is made on my belt drive. maybe you could go with me then. again, i appoligize for the delay's on the completion of this pulley.

thank you,
    bryan manduley