Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much am i looking at?

Junior SCH Member

How much am i looking at?

Hi there,i'm new to the supercharger scene,and i was looking around for superchargers,and the novi 1000 keapt popping up.So i'm VERY interested in one of those.I don't need too much power,it's gonna be a daily driven car,but my question is.How much would a novi 1000 set me back for a 2000 gt?I guess a used one would be better because they're cheaper :D.Any information would be apreciated.

The Novi 1000 is a pretty inexpensive blower with a good amount of potential. I would just get a new one, that way you can be
    sure everything is ok with it. But if you do get a used one, make sure it's the revised(2 belt) style. Go check out FourValve.com. That's where I got my Novi from. They have the best pricing I know of.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Junior SCH Member
    They don't seem to have any superchargers at that site right now,so i'll keep checking with em.Also what's the difference between the old and the revied novi 1000?

someone please correct me if I am wrong but I think that all SC kits for the 98+GT's all use a single 6rib belt set up. The older Novi 1000 kits for the Fox Bodied Mustangs also used a 6 rib single belt set up. The new Foxbody kits are a 8 rib set up with a seperate drive belt.
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Junior SCH Member
    Also,is a bypass valve included in a new package?And is a by pass valve on a supercharger the same as a blow off valve on a turbo?And does it make the same sound?

As far as I know, the revised kit does not include a bypass valve.

Bypass & Blow-off are similiar but different (see below)

No they will not have the same sound. The bypass valve is a closed loop whereas the blow-off is an open loop system. Meaning a bypass valve recirculates the air back into the system after the MAF, while a blow-off valve simply vents the excess pressure to atmoshphere. Did that make sense??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    That was as clear as ........... .......well something that is really clear. :D Anyway,as i was reading around this board i noticed that some people have an idle problem after the supercharger install,and that a by pass valve fixes that problem.What bypass valve can i get to have a direct bolt on?

Originally posted by jaegermeister2k
    They don't seem to have any superchargers at that site right now,so i'll keep checking with em.Also what's the difference between the old and the revied novi 1000?

Yeah, looks like the site no longer has any products :hmm: I guess he doesn't want to sell parts anymore. Good luck with your blower search.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Junior SCH Member
    Actually i e-mailed them,and they said a novi 1k is $3000 and a novi 2k is $4450.I got time though so i'll keep looking for other places too.

Originally posted by jaegermeister2k
    Actually i e-mailed them,and they said a novi 1k is $3000 and a novi 2k is $4450.I got time though so i'll keep looking for other places too.
    goodness that's high. Try www.musclemotors.com. They were selling 2k kits for <3000 including shipping recently.

I really enjoy my s/c. It really wakes up that old pushrod motor.

Junior SCH Member
    I already went to musclemotors.com,but they don't have any prices online.Or at least i couldn't find em.So i e-mailed em a few minutes ago.I'm waiting for a reply now.Also i made a mistake.The $4450 was actually supposed to be a $3450.

Jeez...that's a lot more than I thought it would be.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Do not give ~$3450 for a 1k, at that price you'd be damn close to a single turbo set-up. Try e-mailing Jack (musclemotors) at this addy: jack@musclemotors.com

He ususally responds pretty quick at this addy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah i wish i could get a turbo,but no one sells them>And if they do they're twin turbo set ups for over 6 gtand.I'm more familiar with turbos,but superchargers are cheaper.And yeah i'll try that e-mail,thanks.

Junior SCH Member
    Here's another one for you guys.How much RWHP could i expect with a novi 1000,diablo chip,mac off road x pipe,and a magnaflow cat back?And how much RWHP can i safely run without blowing something up? :D