Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much am i looking at?

More than likely.... more than you have now :D My apologies but, it is much too difficult for anyone on these boards to "guess" at one's RWHP with such and such mod's. The Novi 1000 is usually good for 60-70 RWHP in it's own in stock trim.
    You can run as much RWHP safely as you want w/o exceeding the limits of any given component that propels your car from point "a" to point "b" My reponse may be rough, but not meant to offend you or any other's in the quest for more H/P.

9 times outta 10, you can't tell what'll work & won't work until you take it to the track and have some bone-fide hard proof of what does. IMHO dyno numbers don't mean a whole lot unless you can back it up at the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah i guess i'll have to wait and see then. :)

With the stock pulleys you will see about 290-310 RWHP. Some guys around here are running double digit boost levels with stock long blocks and are running fine, but to answer your question I would say you could safely run 350-380 RWHP without running the chance of blowing your block apart. Assuming that it is properly tuned.
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

blown5oh
    Try www.superchargersonline.com for a new 1k. They're around $1800.

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah maybe for an older 5.0,but superchargers for a modular are expensive.WAY too expensive. :)

blown5oh
    Oops, sorry. :bonk:

jaegermeister,

I formally would like to publically apologize for the harshness of my post above, I just re-read what I wrote again today nad realized that I came off like a total Di*k. While some of it did bear some truth I did not express it in a professional manner.

Anyways, with that said. Welcome to Novipower and I hope that you continue to add to our site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

there was someone who used to frequent this site alot and i think he made 312hp @ the tires? maybe it was more. I can't remember his screen name.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by 5150 LX
    jaegermeister,

I formally would like to publically apologize for the harshness of my post above, I just re-read what I wrote again today nad realized that I came off like a total Di*k. While some of it did bear some truth I did not express it in a professional manner.

Anyways, with that said. Welcome to Novipower and I hope that you continue to add to our site.
    Don't worry about it.I know what you were trying to say.And you're right.

And regattacoupe thanks for the link.

Junior SCH Member
    I talked to musclemotors.com,and they also sell those vortech tuner kits.From what they've told me the tuner kits don't include a chip,bigger injectors,and a vortech intake and fuel pump assm.Will the car work without those things?I mean i already have a chip in my car(Not tuned for the supercharger though),and my injectors shouldn't be a problem untill i want more boost right?I know you guys are all about novi power,but i just though i'd ask.

my novi 2k kit didn't include chip, injectors, etc but did include larger fuel pump and FMU. You don't need larger injectors to start, but it doesn't take much more to make you need them.

You can generally find good prices for fuel injectors b/c people are always upgrading to larger sizes.

I would definitely make sure to have a larger fuel pump-don't starve your engine!!!!! They have a word for those people--pedestrian :D

My kit came with a 190lph but a lot of people recommend the 255s.

edit-my car is an 89; I don't know what you have so I don't know if what I said applies to you