Thread: discharge tubing

Junior SCH Member

discharge tubing

I have a non-intercooled P1-SC now, and I'm uninmpressed by how low the tubing hangs under my LX's bumper. I have a few thoughts on the issue though either: 1. ATI sent me all the bends for an IC setup, or 2. I just can't read ATI's useless diagrams to install this properly. Anyone have shots of the tubing from the front of the car so I can see what I might be doing wrong?

Junior SCH Member
    not a single person runs a non-intercooled procharger?

The only pictures I've ever seen had the tubing going across the top of the motor.
    Klondike (aka Chuck)

94 GT, P1SC @ 9lbs (6lbs @ 5300 ft alt), Trick Flow street intake, 70MM BBK TB, 75MM MAF, MSD6 BTM, TwEECer and the rest is stock.

Junior SCH Member
    I have a P1-SC and the only diffrence in the tubing between intercooled and non-intercooled is the long straight peice that goes behind the bumper is where the intercooler could go. I have beat the crap out of mine. If you cut a little off the piece runnig down from the charger it will bring it up a little. If you have the tubing that runs across the engine that renegade style. Hope this helps.

I wish I could help, but I started out with the renegade discharge tube, then custom fabricated it to fit under my hood... so mine goes straight across the top of the motor.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by hotrodlvr89
    I have a P1-SC and the only diffrence in the tubing between intercooled and non-intercooled is the long straight peice that goes behind the bumper is where the intercooler could go. I have beat the crap out of mine. If you cut a little off the piece runnig down from the charger it will bring it up a little. If you have the tubing that runs across the engine that renegade style. Hope this helps.
    Thats exactly what I did, and it doesn't scrape much anymore. Still bothers me though.......