Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got Novi 2000 - Have some ???

SCH Member

Just got Novi 2000 - Have some ???

I have a 91 Mustang with 75,000 miles on it. I will be receiving my novi 2000 in the next couple days and have a few questions. First of all, I have the stock 19 lb. injectors still, I was told that is ok but just don't get crazy with the boost. Is it ok for awhile untill I save money to upgrade? Also, should I get an MSD BTM ignition? I already have the 6AL, but should I get a boost retard too? I will probably have more questions, but those are it for now.

Thanks,
    Brandon

SCH Member
    yes get a btm and you should also get a inline pump for sure.
    93 cobra#256 witha noisy alternator

SCH Member
    Will I be ok with the 19 lb. injectors as long as I keep the boost down and don't push it till I can up the injectors?

You will have to use the FMU until you get a nice set of injectors. You will need a nice set of 42's so you can ditch the FMU.

I highly recommend the MSD BTM, I used it on my car for about 3 months and it was great! I sold it to a fellow member.

If I were in your position I think I would save for the injectors and a nice Pro-M meter.

Ian

I actually had my Novi 2K on my car when the engine was 100% stock. The Novi 2K kit comes with a 190 in tank and an FMU. I would definately get the BTM along with a MSD 6AL.
    BTW
    Welcome to NoviPower:D
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

I have a stock motor also, You will be happy with the gains.
    I sugest you upgrade the 190, to a 255. I dont know why they come with a 190. I have the 255, and no inline.

Originally posted by Black88GT
    I have a stock motor also, You will be happy with the gains.
    I suggest you upgrade the 190, to a 255. I dont know why they come with a 190. I have the 255, and no inline.
    Walbro makes 2 different 255 in-tank pumps. Make sure you buy the 255 high pressure pump. Call Jack @ Muscle Motors and he'll hook you up. I run the 255 High Pressure with a In line pump. I wanted to be safe.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

SCH Member
    Thanks for the help!! I'll keep ya posted on how things go.

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    GSS342 Walbro is the pump that you want.

Mike

SCH Member
    also don't forget to dyno tune your car...

SCH Member
    Originally posted by dmpmw
    GSS342 Walbro is the pump that you want.

Mike
    I just checked on www.jdsperformance.com and it looks like that part number is for a cobra. But I do want the high pressure one right?

Call Jack @ www.musclemotors.com and get the GSS340 high pressure, he has the best price on them ;)

Ian

Hey, welcome to the site.

I have a novi 2k on my stone stock 130k mile long block, with 36# injectors and for right now just the 255 intank (non-HIgh pressure). My feul pressure doesn't start to drop off until the end of 3rd or begining of 4th. I'm still waiting on my t-rex.

Brandon <-----------also my name :)

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    The GSS307 and GSS340 (342?) flow equally up to 50-55 psi or so, from there on up the 340 keeps up the flow while the 307 drops off. The 340 really isn't required if running big injectors at oem fuel pressure, but it works out better if running small injectors and an FMU. They are usually not that different in price, so no reason not to get the high pressure model. I happened to find a 307 at a great price, it has worked fine for me at 44 psi. Also running a Kirban FPR, more thumbs up for this piece, very stable operation and never a leak.

SCH Member
    I really appreciate all the help so far. I can't wait to get this thing installed now. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,
    Brandon