Thread: tpping oil pan.

Senior SCH Member

tpping oil pan.

I have a canton 7qt deep pan. Has anyone tapped it on the passenger side? it has a wall of metal and them a space and another wall. Will it be a problem to tap it and drill through both sides?

Drop Doug a pm or an e-mail, I know that he had a Canton on one of his vehicles and he can give you first hand knowledge/recommendations as opposed to speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    i have a canton and it was a pain to do, but i got it done. had to tap then drill out the metal, tap some more, drill out more metal and then just run the thread maker in there and all done. would be much easier to do with pan off, that's for sure.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Senior SCH Member
    well you know as well as I do. That pan to get off would have to have the engine lifted out and put on a stand ect. installing the pan w/o doing that is a major pita:)