Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Tensioner thread PT.2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tensioner thread PT.2

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar

Tensioner thread PT.2

That was taking too long to load, so here's the new version...

Sean, got a belt and put it on yesterday. The alignment is great, runs true and straight......BUT, when you crack the throttle hard, the bracket moves forward 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Not sure if repeated blasts will either bend the mounting bolts or throw the belt itself. It needs something to anchor the top part of the bracket so it cannot move forward during acceleration. So let's see what you think of now MR. SMARTYPANTS.... lol.

Steve,
    As for the grooved WP pulley, and stand. rotation pump, has anyone done this with the novi 1k revised? if so, how is the belt routing and tensioner setup? I thought someone did it and posted pics but can't remember.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Neil, that issue will have to wait til I actually have a motor to work off of. Will probably have to weld up some sort of a damn bracket to brace the the bracket. What a PITA. Someone needs to complain to March, I imagine that the flex is present even if you aren't running a s/c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Neil are you trying to totally eliminate the Paxton tensioner?

If not than someone find me a pic of a single belt novi staring right at the front of the motor.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Can't recall where I found this pic or who's it is but here's a front shot of a Novi with all access.

you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Ok here is a really crappy pic of the one sean posted.

This is no AC no PS and no SMOG using a standard rotation water pump on a single belt system. YOu would still have to use the paxton designed tensioner unless you come up with your own.

I think this is the cleanest install possible with no AC or PS.

Sorry the pic sucks but you get the idea.

Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

Hey! I made that pic..that will be $5 :p

Ian

Lol Ian, how 'bout we just call it even from the $5 you said you'd give me from last night.

Steve, with the angle of the belt from blower tensioner to w/p pulley, is there enough room to actually place tension on the belt, meaning does the tensioner come down far enough to do it's job?

Ian, Missed you sig change at first.... I'll sell it to you for $2500 and no that's not Canadian dollars :D

BTW, what's the going rate on a Dart block in Canadian tender?

Steve,

The way that looks, the belt would slip like hell i think because it is really only hitting the edge of pullies, not wrapping around them. Tell me what you think.

Sean,

I agree with the tensioner probably not going down far enough to tension with the cobra wp pulley.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

welding up a bracket will work, but it will ruin the finish of the bracket. i imagine ruuning it down to one of the head bolts would work, too bad i have no welding skills(dammit) .
    Neil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

I was thinking more of using a longer bolt for the one that mounts the actual pulley to the bracket, then make up a brace with an eyelet welded to both ends. Bolt one end to the March bracket using the longer pulley bolt and run the other to the upper intake or wherever else where you could get a fixed mounting point. Does that make sense?

Take me a pic of your installed March bracket from the top and e-mail it to me at searly@camalott.com I'll take a look & see if I can diagram something on there & shoot it back to ya.

BRB I have not given up yet.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

How about this. I know this is a pain in the *** but that is part of the game. I still say this is the cleanest install possible.

Add a stock size idler pulley where the red circle is between the alt and the crank pulley.

I don't think there would be any belt slip issues after that.

I would still try it though even without the additional pulley if it were my setup. I just cannot afford to ditch my PS though.

Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

pesonally i really like the way i have mine setup now. I'm gonna take it out and beat on it to see if the belt rides funny or anything. I'll take some smaller pictures so you can see what i mean.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D