Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Cool site

Thread: Cool site

Senior SCH Member

Cool site

I have a pure street car that I'm going to give up on and get a novi 1k. I can't afford a 2k yet. Is there any kind of upgrade options between the 2? I know Vortch has the a trim and going to s trim is just a head unit swap. Is it at all like that for the Novi 1k and 2k? Thanks

Hello,

I called Paxton a few weeks ago asking that question, their reply was I had to sell my 1K and buy a complete 2K kit. They told me everything about the kits is different.

Welcome to the site.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    On the other hand, the Novi 1000 is a much better head unit than the A-trim, the S-trim upgrade is quite expensive, and you can spin the Novi 1000 faster if you want more power.

Forrest

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by forrest1
    On the other hand, the Novi 1000 is a much better head unit than the A-trim, the S-trim upgrade is quite expensive, and you can spin the Novi 1000 faster if you want more power.

Forrest
    Good point. I see some of you running 15#'s All I want is 10#'s so what pulley would I use for that?
    Also, When you guys spin up to 15#'s what rpms can you take it to? Isn't that close to the max rpm's of the blower?

Welcome to the site :)

I get 10lbs with my setup.

F150 crank pulley, stock blower pulley, and a powerpipe. I only get the 10lbs on a cold night though. If you want to have a pure everyday 10lbs I would go with the F150 crank and a 2.75 blower pulley from ASP.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks for the help guys. I hope when I get a Novi it sounds like yours Ian. I've watched your video's a bunch of times.

I told my friend about this site and he signed on. He has a Ball Driven Paxton and is thinking about a Novi as an upgrade

Originally posted by KoolRockSteady
    Good point. I see some of you running 15#'s All I want is 10#'s so what pulley would I use for that?
    Also, When you guys spin up to 15#'s what rpms can you take it to? Isn't that close to the max rpm's of the blower?
    Well with an F-150 crank pulley you should be close enough to 10#'s of boost on a good day. Constant around 8+ #'s

As for spinning the novi to 15#'s... well I shift conservatively at 6300 rpm and it still wants to pull like a mofo, I could take it higher, but I value my motor! LoL!

Seriously though, @ 15#'s that is at the novi 1000's peak (max) according to paxton. Since I have put my 8" crank pulley on, I have not noticed anything, but postive results.

Granted I drive the stangy only on the weekends and to the meets. No daily drving action anymore for this stang in particular.

I would suggest even a 7" crank pulley, you should be in the 12+ pound range for boost.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Senior SCH Member
    I like your combo on parts. Have you dyno'd your car or run it w/that combo. Without NOS I mean.

I'm hoping to have around 330rwhp on motor right now and with a blower don't know what to expect with 10#'s

I haven't ran my car @ the track (yet).

I did run several vehicles that times range as follows (without the bottle):

98 Z28 (LS1 w/ported stock heads, cam, ls6 intake, 125hp shot of N20)
    - Ran 11.6's @ 122 mph

I ran him on the street from a dead stop and pulled all the way and beat him by 4-5 car lengths on mid 4th gear

67 Chelleve (n/a - 383 stroker high compression motor, nascar block??? What he said?!?)

-He ran 12.2's @ 113
    Same result as above but worse...

99 Trans Am WS6 (LS1 383 Stroker w/vortech sq trim supercharger @ 10 psi of boost)

-Don't know what he runs at the track

Ran him on the highway @ a 40 mile roll on (2nd gear) we were dead even until mid third, then I walked him and pulled him. Got him by 4 1/2 cars appromiately by the time I was mid to high 4th gear.

- 89 Honda Crx hacth (???)

I don't know what he ran at the track

He pulled me by 9 car lengths. :(;) LoL:D :p

Senior SCH Member
    How do you like those Pole Position S-02's? I work at Firestone and we sell them. They retail for $280ish depending on size but I can get them for 1/2 of that. Do you think they hook good for your power or Just get BFG Drag radial's?

Get the BFG drag radials! LoL!

The s-02's are okay, but even when I was n/a I would spin like a mofo!

I resorted to slicks on the street! $185.00 fine from the cops if you get busted! GOTTA LOVE IT!