Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
550hp 67 camaro vs novi1k notch..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 550hp 67 camaro vs novi1k notch..

550hp 67 camaro vs novi1k notch..

well i didnt get a chance to race him, but it will probably happen sometime, but when i dunno, im kinda excited about it too, tonight my car was rippin which was nice, but when i race him i should have more mods by then, (holley systemax intake, power pipe, pro-m 80MM mass air, 42#s and hopefully a dyno tune by larocca) im expecting and hoping to have about 450-480 RWHP, i think then ill be able to take him out, but ill let everyone see it if i get a chance to tape it! what ya guys think, got a chance? i think i do but either way i wanna see our cars rip!
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

with tires i bet you'll smokem'
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

What kind of times does the Camaro typically lay down? This will give us indication of how well the guy is utilizing the 550 HP. Is it all motor or does he spray it as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Originally posted by regattacoupe
    with tires i bet you'll smokem'
    x1000 :)
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

hes all motor, his friend told me about his car and saw it in person, its a chevy 302 thats got alot of money into it my friend was sayin (i didnt talk to the guy) but my friend chris said today to me that he talked to him and he said that he was kill my car.... cant wait to run him. hes got an auto not stick, not sure if i wanna go from a roll with him or from a stop. i know i want to do it at night though to get better air(what a diff the car feels like)he never brought the car to the track, wish he did cause then i would know where i stand. but i know that hes got a chevelle that he put 80k into. that i dont have a chance with. ill feel better running him with my intake and power pipe on as soon as i get it from morphis performance... been waiting 2 months!!
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

Run him at a roll! Put the bottle (wet kit) on as well, spray a 125 shot ;) leave him looking like this ---> :(

Then call out the chevelle and jet your beauty up to a 175 shot :D

and run CIRCLES around the chevelle! :santa:

With a power pipe, intake, injectors, bigger mass air meter, you should do noticeable better. The cobra intake is not doing your setup much justice in my opinion. Good choice in the holley intake. RUN AN AGRESSIVE tune. People are scared of blowing their **** up! You can tune your app to be in equalibrium and run like a champ, you just need to feel out your ride like a blind man in an orgy. :) Just test out different avenues that might tweak your car's overall performance.

:) I feel a victory coming about! :)
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

[ sold... ]

Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

Chris has made one 2 many trips to the dentists office!!! All that N20 is made him loco! But he's right......Fear not the mighty 9000hp legendary car of yesteryear. Smokem like a cheap cigar! if he's got a 302 you should whipem if you hook......
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    Cobra intake not doing justice? Man i wonder what a real intake would do for me?
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

the holley is my choice. I lucked out and found it used. the cobra is definitly a restriction for your application frank. But it makes nice low speed power and torque.

AHHH CRAP........NEIL...this sort of thing happens when you work nights and you drink in the morning

Originally posted by lx-convertible
    Cobra intake not doing justice? Man i wonder what a real intake would do for me?
    Neil as my fellow novi brother you and I are brothers and especially linked because we have shared the same 8" crank pulley. (LoL!!!)

Seriously neil, for your app I would suggest the TrickFlow track heat, or the TrickFlow r- series. The holley is sweet, but the trick flow line IMO is killer!!!

I used the Track heat on Goliath and never thought twice about my choice in using it.

ALSO NEIL, ditch the 65MM tb and get a 70MM tb! I know I will catch hell by many peeps saying it is not a big difference in comparison between the two, but my experience states otherwise. Not only a difference in throttle response, but it made my car feel like it pulled more on top. (then again I was high on nitrous... , LoL )

BELIEVE ME! YOU WILL FEEL THE DIFFERENCE!

Ohh, regattacoupe... I always wanted to go to the dentist, but I would always end up lauging on my way to visit him and end up forgetting what I was doing in his parking lot, so I just went home, but on my way home I would stop off to fill the nitrous bottle, for some reason I would never forget to do that... lol!!! :D
    Chris...

[ sold... ]

see i was thinking about the track heat to keep everything the same for TFS, but when i talked to larocca's said to not bother with it?? and go with the holley, i guess hes saying that in case i wanna grow bigger with displacement. i think next year im going to buy a dss pro builet 331 short block, i think i could get one for around 3k from them. so then in ensence, i think i would also benefit from the holley that way too.trust me i was all about trick flow also, and i still kinda wanted to lean towards it cause it keeps the bottem end power there they say, but larocca's said that with the holley i would also keep the bottem end power...idk.

True, holley is great none the less and I would run one, and
    Larocca knows what they are talking about, thats their business. 1500-6500 rpm is the track heat's domain. The Trick Flow R-series intake with standard 75mm tb inlet diameter is suppose to flow from 2500-7250 rpm, and with a 90 mm tb inlet diameter its rpm range would be 3300-7750 rpm.

IMO if I were to start all over again I would get a
    trick flow r-series with standard 75mm tb inlet diameter with a tEERbo or intercooled novi2k app.

/me drools on that note, mmmm teeerbo... mmmmm ic'd novi2k...:bonk:
    Chris...

[ sold... ]

I have serious novi 2K envy issues!

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    Well Chris, I do agree that the Cobra isn't the highest perf. on the market. If money wasn't an issue, i would have the holley 2 or the TFS. But i have had the cobra for 5 yrs. and it makes pretty damn good power.
    As far as the TB is concerned, when i had the tune by FordChip, i asked Jerry about upping it to a 70 right there, and he said it wasn't worth it. He said 1-5 Hp and minimal SOTP feel. I know you said it felt better, but hell, i almost hit 500 rwhp with my crappy mods so i won't complain too much.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster