Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
E-Cam,F-Cam, or Trickflow 2???????

Thread: E-Cam,F-Cam, or Trickflow 2???????

Junior SCH Member

E-Cam,F-Cam, or Trickflow 2???????

Well a unsuspected thing has happened after a serious race with a Z06(in which I was pulling him in 2nd hard)I have a busted lifter now :( and I'm afraid the cam will be wore, so I am going to have to change it. I am currently running the E-cam and like it, but have heard good things about the F and the Trick FLow 2. Just wanted to hear some opinions from different people who have tried them. Will either of the 2 make more power? How about the driveabilty on the F & TF2.
    Thanks everyone for your imput.
    Jason
    93GT
    Rebuilt shortblock w/ forged pistons,TW heads, TF intake,e-cam,24 FMS,75mm Pro-M,65mm TB,MSD,Novi 1000,3:55/T5,275's out back and a bunch of other stuff..

if it's a driver get the tfs #1......i love mine....works great with your heads as that's what it's was matched for.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    I will be going with the tfs 2 cam next year, gonna rebuild my block over winter, add tw heads and tw intake, not sure if I will use the street or track intake
    93 Black coupe, JE Pistons, Cut and Polished Crank 10/10 Bearings, Ported Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 42lb Injectors, Pro M 80mm Mass Air
    Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, Holley Systemax Intake, BBK Adjustable Fuel Regulator, 130 amp alternator
    1.7 Ford Motorsport Roller Rockers, Ford Motorsport E303 Cam,Aluminum Radiator, Electric Fan, MSD 6AL Ignition- MSD 6BTM Boost Retard
    MSD Coil 90/10 Front Shocks,
    50/50 Rear Shocks, 3.55 Gears,
    BBK Long Tube Headers, SouthSide Machine Lift Bars, Sub Frame Connectors, Built T-5 with Cobra Gearset 3:35, 255lph Fuel Pump
    T-Rex inline fuel pump
    Vortech S trim Supercharger,Vortech Aftercooler, Flowmaster CatBack Exhaust, Optima battery relocated
    Corbeau CR1 Racing Seats Cervini Cowl/Ram Air hood ,17" Cobra R wheels

The tfs # 1 cam is awesome and it has a great idle to it! It worked great in my old combo.

I would recommend though the tfs # 2 cam also. I hear great things about that cam being a good blower cam. I believe Ian's setup uses a TFS #2 cam.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

I too vote for the TrickFlow Stage 1.....works great on my car.....so far best to date is a 11.40@124 with a 1.75 60ft ( no traction) LOL!!!!

Mike
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

i got the tfs 1 and love it aswell, another vote for that! tfs 2 cam would be good to if you can fit it.
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

blown5oh
    What about the AFR 165 and 185?

Yep I use the Trick Flow Stage 2 in my setup - sounds great and pulls like a mofo!

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    I like the X303 cam. My other choice would be a Comp or Crane.

Senior SCH Member
    Ian, are you running stock compression and pistons, or did you have valve reliefs cut into the pistons with the tfs 2, just wondering if I will have any piston to valve clearance issues with a stock piston, I know to check just to be safe
    Thanks
    93 Black coupe, JE Pistons, Cut and Polished Crank 10/10 Bearings, Ported Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 42lb Injectors, Pro M 80mm Mass Air
    Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, Holley Systemax Intake, BBK Adjustable Fuel Regulator, 130 amp alternator
    1.7 Ford Motorsport Roller Rockers, Ford Motorsport E303 Cam,Aluminum Radiator, Electric Fan, MSD 6AL Ignition- MSD 6BTM Boost Retard
    MSD Coil 90/10 Front Shocks,
    50/50 Rear Shocks, 3.55 Gears,
    BBK Long Tube Headers, SouthSide Machine Lift Bars, Sub Frame Connectors, Built T-5 with Cobra Gearset 3:35, 255lph Fuel Pump
    T-Rex inline fuel pump
    Vortech S trim Supercharger,Vortech Aftercooler, Flowmaster CatBack Exhaust, Optima battery relocated
    Corbeau CR1 Racing Seats Cervini Cowl/Ram Air hood ,17" Cobra R wheels

My bottom end is far from stock - I am using a SCAT crank and rods, and Probe PRS blower pistons (8.5:1) For a stock setup, I am not sure..you are best to measure.

Ian