Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
modded 93 supra vs 93 notch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: modded 93 supra vs 93 notch

modded 93 supra vs 93 notch

i was driving from the local hang out spot when i decided to goto my girlfriends house and on the way up there a black supra turned onto the same road that i was on, i got all excited because i wanted to try out my new pipe and mam. so the next light turned yellow and he stoped and so did i, i look over at him and he said 'we're going' i said 'alright' lol:D light turns green and all i do is spin........spin..........................MORE spin. hit 2nd gear.... spin... feathering the gas... spinning..... still spinning..... but i was pulling on him too that was the funny part i had about 4 cars on him now at the top of 2 and he got next to me cause i just stoped going. i asked him if he wanted to go from a roll cause i just couldnt hook up.:santa: lol he said sure.

so we went from 40 and three honks and i chit you not after that 3rd honk, you blink and hes GONE. i look in my rear view mirror and hes gotta be about 15-20 cars back there at the top of 3rd. he gets up to me again and says to me 'your car is f*ckin nuts! so we talked for a lil bit and he told me that he had a down pipe, KnN, no cat, exhuast, and i think something else but i forgot. he liked my car alot from what it seemed but so do i. lol:) my baby made me real proud tonight.

i asked him if he thought that he was going to kill me at the light and then he said after i told you lets run i heard something under my hood and thought it was just the intake..lmao.wrong.hehehe and then when we started to go he heard my tires screaming and was like uh oh.lol guy was real cool though, were talking about how the little civics and stuff had on the fart cans and stuff and always want us to get on our cars. just had to tell everyone how everything is running with the new stuff on. :D :D
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

Nice kill, you will occasionally find some pretty cool guys driving imports with the same passion for their cars as we have for ours. I had a friend of mine with an AWD Ecilpse, we lined up a few times at the track and each of us racked up a couple wins a piece. It's rare that I get jumped back outta the hole but that AWD with Nittto's on all fours would just flat out hook, especially if he built up a few #'s of boost on the line.

Anways, congrats again. Glad to hear that the car is running well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    Hey first of all let me say I am a mustang nut. So don't rag on me for this post.Be careful when you pick on supra's and think you will probably kill the guy. A buddy of mine at work who is very cool and is cool with my stang has a 98 twin turbo supra. He has very little done to it. just bumped up the boost with some $5 aquarium valve or something like that. I talked him into taking it to the track when I went for the test and tune night. He had never been to a drag strip to race before.His first run on street tires not drag radials was like a 12.4 at 120 mph tires spinning like crazy first couple of gears I about crapped myself.I told him with DR he would be in the mid to low 11's. He has a buddy that has a 550 horse stang and a supra that he put a big single turbo on and is putting down 750 plus horses at the rear wheels all on the stock block.. I think you got lucky it wasn't a newer supra glad you won but beware because the 92 or 93 look just like the newer ones. If you are running low 12's or high 11's try to find out the year or you just might get your clock cleaned. and no one likes that.

Be careful when you pick on supra's and think you will probably kill the guy
    HE told ME that we're going at the light, so read carefully..

If you are running low 12's or high 11's try to find out the year or you just might get your clock cleaned. and no one likes that.
    lol dude, more power to him! theres always someone faster. just like the 1127 RWHP nova that runs with n20 around my block. but i know for sure that my car is fast. and if you say different, i dont care. yea i see a bunch of supras at the track, i raced one of those single turbos at the track without my SCer and without a tune with just my heads, cam, intake that i had, he only ran a 13.3 @ 113, takes some time for that big turbo to spool up, thats what you go from a stop with these types of cars. since i pulled on him from a stop i wanted to see what his car can do from a roll

and the reason why i wanted to see what his car can do from a roll is cause i know that they're animals and wanted to race another fast car.
    A buddy of mine at work who is very cool and is cool with my stang has a 98 twin turbo supra
    whats he only cool with 'your' stang? so then to every other stang guy hes a d*ck too? thats good to hear, nice guy!
    His first run on street tires not drag radials was like a 12.4 at 120 mph tires spinning like crazy first couple of gears I about crapped myself
    im cutting the same times as guys with street tires with my DRs, its all in the driver with that and how well he knows his car. im sure that with better springs (not road racing springs like i have) i would hook up a hell of alot better.
    I told him with DR he would be in the mid to low 11's
    well when he picks up a set, send them to NY too for a pair for my car cause if i can drop a whole second from DRs then sign me up! ..relax there buddy. :whip:
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

93.5 was the first mkiv supra with the 2jzgte engine. There are some people who have some fast street supras but they are making more horsepower than your typical mustang to run the same times. One, they have IRS, two they are boats, three large single turbos on a 3.0l don't spool quickly, lastly their owners talk better smack then 3/4 of them can drive. Though there are some cool supra owners out there obviously like any other automotive group. The few forums out there for the cars tend to bring out the younger immature crowd who aren't very versed in many other cars. They are kinda like 03 cobras they have a lot of potential but have to be uncorked. Its a crapshoot as to what they'll have if you run into one. Most of the cars deficiencies result on subpar quarter mile times, but they are great when at speed where traction is not an issue. If you find someone who wants to race they have probably figured that out and will want to run from a roll. Rarely are you goona find one that will run from a dig without excuses unless its a new owner. Other than that enjoy showing supras taillights :)

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    A couple of years ago I was working on a friends 94 Supra with the rare 6 speed. I watched this guy put $6k in a single turbo upgrade full size front mount intercooler and a bunch of dash modules to control spark boost and fuel. It took us 14 hours to install and wire all the new toys. I took the car for a test drive and since I am 6'4" I was shoe horned in that car even with the top out. I let the car get to temperature and shut off the traction control I smashed the throttle to see if she pulled ok and at 45 mph the car went sideways I let off before I wrecked the car and could not wait to dyno that car the next day. We put the car on the dyno used some settings from the Supra Club website for the new interior controls and the car clicked off twice 865 hp and 945 tq. I would be sold and would build one in a minute if I could get in the car with the roof on and with my knee against the steering wheel. I have build many 351 engines with Novi2000 and they never come close to building that much power and even when you get to 600 hp it is so far up the RPM that you need expensive engine parts to hold it together. The car now has 65k miles and still has not had the head off when I talked to him 6 months ago.

93.5 was the first mkiv supra with the 2jzgte engine. There are some people who have some fast street supras but they are making more horsepower than your typical mustang to run the same times. One, they have IRS, two they are boats, three large single turbos on a 3.0l don't spool quickly, lastly their owners talk better smack then 3/4 of them can drive. Though there are some cool supra owners out there obviously like any other automotive group. The few forums out there for the cars tend to bring out the younger immature crowd who aren't very versed in many other cars. They are kinda like 03 cobras they have a lot of potential but have to be uncorked. Its a crapshoot as to what they'll have if you run into one. Most of the cars deficiencies result on subpar quarter mile times, but they are great when at speed where traction is not an issue. If you find someone who wants to race they have probably figured that out and will want to run from a roll. Rarely are you goona find one that will run from a dig without excuses unless its a new owner. Other than that enjoy showing supras taillights
    said much better then chip.. :p
    speed tang - i wish i could afford a supra, they cost like 35k for a used one and thats just nuts, im 21 years old and i think im doing good for what i got.:santa: but deff wish that i could own one, i seen what one of my friends did with his civic, he gets 324 to the wheels and trap around 117 with that little car with a turbo, i could just emagin what you could do with a turbo supra.

Vinny

Damn good kill green93notch. Last night I got a chance to scope out a NOVI-2k'd viper GTS , just sick I tell ya!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

WHoa! goliath!!! Details!!!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Originally posted by regattacoupe
    WHoa! goliath!!! Details!!!
    Well at the street meet last night I witnessed IN PERSON UP CLOSE a late model Viper GTS with a polished Novi-2k slapped on it. According to the owner he said he was the ONLY Viper guy in Houston area (possibly San Antonio as well) that has that setup and it was a custom setup. His car has ported heads, and aftermarket cam, exhaust.

He is running an aftercooler what it looked like. He said he is going to ditch that and get a front mount air to air IC and he mentioned the viper will probably pick up another 40 ponies from that mod. On the motor he was dynoing 532 rwhp as I remember him saying. He is probably in the 700 to 900 hp range now w/12 psi of boost.

That car was wicked. He was CRUSING ON STREET TIRES!!! But with a 13" wide rim I guess it doesn't matter with that wide a rim and tire

Makes me wanna buy a viper and do the same, but with a cog belt setup :D :D :D

Nevertheless it was a cool ride and so was the owner.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Did you guys notice in the paxton article it says 621 hp -w- a 3.75" blower pulley!!! wow!! thats a Novi 2K on holiday!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

deff sick!!
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

SCH Member
    Hey green93notch some of the comments in my post weren't aimed directly at you. I did read he invite you to go at the light. That statement was directed at the other stang owners that are not aware of how fast the 93.5 to 98 TWIN TURBO supras can be.I was just really impressed at his times and especially his trap speeds. Plus some of the horse power no's that the supra guys were making on the stock blocks. We all now the the stock roller 302 block would never take 700 horses. If you read a little more carefully I stated the 12.4 at 120 was his first run at the strip ever.By the end of the night he was running 12.2 at almost 122 mph. That is where I was getting the mid to low 11 times. look at the trap speeds of some of the guys out there running mid to low 11s. They are right around where my buddy runs. He definitely has the horse power to run the numbers if he could hook up. You totally missed my point about him being cool with my stang.He is actually cool with all well put together and fast cars.Even a little more so than I am.Since I am mustang maniac I tend to be a little harsh on the GM guys as well as a majority of the import guys.Just the ones with the bad attitudes. I was trying to make the point that he is not the typical import guy that spends soo much time bad mouthing stangs because they are usually getting their butts kicked by one.As far as there always being someone out there faster I am aware of that.But why bite off more than you can chew.Have you raced that high horse nova in your town yet? Probably not just for that reason.The thing is that the nova in your town probably looks like it has 1100 plus horses .Tubbed and whatnot.Most supras don't look like they could possibly have 700 plus horses under the hood.You obviosly took some of my comments personal for that I am sorry.I was not trying to flame on you or your car. It sounds like it is pretty fast.I did say I was glad you won.I did not mean to offend you .

well now i understand what you were saying, and im sorry for being offensive. sometimes i just jump the gun but its how i interpreted it. thats cool about everything, if you read my next thread i raced a viper that was my best race ever, go check it out. :D