Thread: Need opinions...

Need opinions...

Kinda a trival thing but wanted your guys opinion on it.

What color should I paint my block?

I'm torn between black and body color (Emerald Green)

For the black my machinist recommended using good old appliance paint (it's cheap and durable). But I thought that the emerald green would look pretty cool if I could get it hold up.

I'm gonna try to shoot my trickflow valve covers in the green and see how they come out...

Anyways, like I said trivial, but I'm pretty bored this pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

body color would be very cool but i don't know how long it will last. I might try to paint mine with that aluminum brake caliper paint. I bought a couple cans when i had 17's and never used them. With welds or 10 holes it's pretty pointless cause you'd never see it. Id like to see how the valvecovers come out. I might have to chat with you on the best way to polish aluminum sean. I wanna make mine look sharp for next year.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Polishing alum. is a major PITA and time consuming w/o the proper tools, needless to say I don't think I had the proper tools when I did mine, lol. But I'd be glad to offer any suggestions.

I'd like to do the emerals color as well, but like you said I'm just not certain as to how it'd hold up. Plus it would be alot more work to lay down the primer, basecoat and then the clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th