Thread: help me choose a top end guys.

Senior SCH Member

help me choose a top end guys.

Hey guys, I am happy with my hp and tq, 345 and 367 at the wheels with the stock top end but I want more. Which heads cam and intake would you guys get and do I need a cam, can I get away with the stock cam and still make like 450 at the wheels, I am at 350 now, thanks.
    90gt 5speed, chp stroker 331 with forged internals including crank, afr 165's, custom grind cam, trickflow street heat intake, 1.7 rockers, 80mm pro M with morpheus power pipe and bosch bypass valve, full off road exhaust, revised novi 1K with 8"asp pulley, 255 in tank, 30lbers, accufab afr, msd6al with coil, 355's on stock suspension and street tires.

Dynojet#'s= 505rwhp, 469rwtq@7psi boost.

91 coupe 5speed:
    fully ported stock heads, cobra upper and lower intake, 65mm TB, 75mm mass air, full exhaust, compucar adjustable kit, 155lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd coil and stock 308's and street tires.

13.9@102mph

Any aluminum aftermarket head and intake will get you there. Everyone has thier favorites. Twisted wedge heads and the street heat intake would work very nice with the stock cam. @ 450rwhp your injectors aren't gonna be up to the task though.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

You can do it with the stock cam but you will need to be making around 10lbs of boost and need some decent heads.
    I havent been back to the dyno but I'm estimating around 430 at the wheels on a mustang dyno so that should be just over 450 rwhp on a dyno jet. With Edelbrock RPM heads (1.90/1.60) and intake, stock cam, 10lbs of boost and all those other bolt ons.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

If you decide on a set of TFS heads opt to ante up the extra ~$100 for the Track Heat heads. They come with the springs good to ~.600 lift, 10 degree locks & retainers. It'll run you an extra ~$190 down the road if you need to upgrade the Street heads valvetrain.

I will also throw a vote in for the Track Heat intake, low end in my case was not compromised and it pulled much better at top. I have personally run both. (with stock cam and ~ 7#'s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th