Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Novi 1000 user w/ a few ?'s
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Novi 1000 user w/ a few ?'s

Senior SCH Member

New Novi 1000 user w/ a few ?'s

Hey guy's I'm somewhat new to the supercharger world, I've been around a few people with superchargers but I've always ran NA until about 2 days ago. My car runs 11:80's NA, what kind of results can I expect to see with a completly stock Novi 1000 kit, I know I need to change the gears in the rear, I"m currently running 4.56's in the rear, the car is a 5 speed what gears should I go to? My next ? is should I hook up the fmu since I'm running 30lb injectors? I'm running a completly stock computer w/ no chip. I know I need a chip burned, who burns the best chips? True Blue Performance is about 15 miles from my house, I know they burn chips but I have several issues with them. I'm leaning towards JMS chip corp. Has any one had any good results with them? And who makes the best fitting powerpipe? I have not cranked the car yet because I'm doing my final inspection tomorrow, I also plan on upping the boost, what would be the best way to increase the boost on a single belt novi 1000, if I change the pulley what size should I go to and what kind of boost levels will I see?

Thanks, Rusty

I'd still run the FMU, if you do a search there is a way to make it adjustable.
    As for power pipe Anderson or Morpheous, the Morpheous is cheaper but they are hard to get.
    On a single drive Novi your best bet is a F-150 crank. The crank I believe is worth something like 2 extra pounds and the power pipe is 1-2lbs.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks, for the info, I have also read many post about the f150 crank pulley, but I'm lost and can not figure out how it will work, I thought I had to change the blower pulley b/c of the blower pulley and the surpentine belt that goes to the crank, I just can't picture how it is suppose to work and look. does anyone have any pics?'s.

Thanks, Rusty

Originally posted by allthrottle
    I thought I had to change the blower pulley b/c of the blower pulley and the surpentine belt that goes to the crank, I just can't picture how it is suppose to work and look. does anyone have any pics?'s.

Thanks, Rusty
    I'm not really sure what your asking but this is how the single drive basically looks except I think there's some idlers added in the pic. Basically the larger crank pulley spins everything faster.
    Picture courtesy of 5150lx
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Since you are already running 11.80s I think a 1000 is too small. A NOVI 2000 would be more up your alley.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Senior SCH Member
    Sinner, I'm sorry my fault, now that I see the pic is see that the novi 1000 is turned by a single belt, mine has the 8 rib belt that is driven off the crank, now that I ansewred my own question how can I increase the boost, I thaink that I'm going to have to change the blower pulley, if so what size of a pulley do I need to see around 8-9 lbs of boost?

thanks, rusty

powerpipe and the vortech renegade pulley makes 9-10lbs...i just found out last night!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Yah by your wording I thought you may be talking about a seperate drive blower anyways an 8" crank from ASP or Vortech plus a powpipe will put you at 8-10lbs. Don't forget about a bypass valve.

Here's a pic of the seperate drive.
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks for the reply and the info, where can I get the ASP or Vortech pulley online, and what part# or what do I need to tell them the Pulley fits. Are you still running the stock belt?

Thanks, Rusty

Senior SCH Member
    Which by-pass valve should I get?

vor-4fa018-029 that is the summit part # for the renegade pulley it fits the Novi 1000-2000-aand all the vortech's for 8 rib....and that is the cheapest place i found and it's an hour from my house! D a search for bypass and that should tell you.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Senior SCH Member
    I just a viewed superchargersonline website they are selling the renegade pulleys in a package and offer the blower pulley in a 2.85,2.95,31.5,3.00 sizes, I've heard that the vortech pullies will fit paxtons, if so I don't mind buying the renegade kit in order to get the crank pulley, would you even change the blower pulley?

Thanks, Rusty

I wouldn't change it as it will void your waranty. i run the 8" renegade pulley with the stock blower pulley.

159 is a pretty good price for the peformance you gain!

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks for the reply guys you all have been a big help, are you guys running stock belts?

Thanks, Rusty